• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Drink Holder Ideas?

cucvrus

DSCF4300.jpgI use the Yeti with the handle and hang it up on things in the plow truck. Works well. Modern vehicles do have nice cup holders. On the CUCV any adaption that works is approved for a cup holder. With an added magnetic base the Yeti will ride upside down.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made this for the Convoy. Magnetic base. Holds a large Dunkin coffee with ease. Worked great on the transmission hump even thru the thick rubber mat I have inside. It can be moved from vehicle to vehicle and no drilling required.
I sent you a text yesterday figuring you would have something already done.

I like the fact it’s not permanent.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 711271I use the Yeti with the handle and hang it up on things in the plow truck. Works well. Modern vehicles do have nice cup holders. On the CUCV any adaption that works is approved for a cup holder. With an added magnetic base the Yeti will ride upside down.
I have plenty of that type. Handle and no handle.
It’s the stop at a convenience store and get a large coke or sweet tea and having a place to put it without spilling or wearing it or both.

cucvrus

Yes with the open top Yeti magnetically attached you set you foam cup inside the Yeti and lift it out. See? That's a 30 OZ. You can use a 20. But the 30 olds a 52 OZ cup inside far enough.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I missed that in my search.
That will work!

Can you post build details?
Certainly. It started out as a 4" PVC coupling. I cut the bottom out of a piece of laminate flooring with a hole saw. The pilot bit left a nice drain hole. They were attached with 2 part epoxy. On the bottom I used a magnet from an old strobe light and epoxied it as well. Works great, fits a big gulp easily and even a can with a foam koozie.

blueblaze

Here's mine. Not sure if you have the dash plate but mine actually came out of the services like this. Toughest cup holders ever. They bent up some flat stock and just bolted it to the plate. I actually had another guy locally try to buy this off me for his cucv. It'd be cheap to make, just a little time. And with the center gap, even the big mugs fit with the handles facing out.
DSCF1487.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's mine. Not sure if you have the dash plate but mine actually came out of the services like this. Toughest cup holders ever. They bent up some flat stock and just bolted it to the plate. I actually had another guy locally try to buy this off me for his cucv. It'd be cheap to make, just a little time. And with the center gap, even the big mugs fit with the handles facing out.
View attachment 711465
I do not have the Dash Plate.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brand new roll of duck tape. Sticks to the floor and perfect size for a can and many cups!
It works and it’s messy too!
Too small for what I need.

Last time I tried that trick, it broke free at the wrong moment and I had sweet tea to clean up.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made this for the Convoy. Magnetic base. Holds a large Dunkin coffee with ease. Worked great on the transmission hump even thru the thick rubber mat I have inside. It can be moved from vehicle to vehicle and no drilling required.
Will be making two of these.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and solutions!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks