• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Electric GP card Backup Plan?

donalloy1

Had to use my backup CUCV Electric Glow Plug Controller Card today. Say goodbye to original! Problem is, no more CUCV Electric!? Is it possible to still source inventory? Do not want to run her without backup Card! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. DMLII sends respectfully

P.S. Happy Birthday Marines and God Bless all Veterans past and present on Veterans Day tomorrow. Semper Fi!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Antennaclimber produces and markets cards. Send him a PM, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Antennaclimber (member) sells them in the classifieds.

He has new ones that he manufactures.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to keep it OEM, there are some NOS units on ebay. Other than that, Antennaclimber's are a much improved version.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the issue is with his computer and Karl is on this site, I see no reason to worry about that.

donalloy1

Pretty confident with most CUCV repairs so far. Troubleshooting IC Boards to component level and repairing them is a bit out of my comfort zone!

MarcusOReallyus

Don, I think it's out of most people's comfort zone!

And I strongly suspect it's out of the competence zone of not a few people who think it's in their comfort zone.

It's one thing to replace an obviously fried component. It's quite another to figure out what's going on when that fried component turns out to be a symptom, instead of a cause.

TexAndy

I have zero electroic skills and managed to fix mine.
What was damaged on it? What did you have to replace?

I'll bet if enough people went through the trouble to try fixing these, we'd probably find that there's some common weak link component that fails and could be replaced with a better equivalent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks