• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv glow plug card

tjmilitary

There may be a thread on this already but couldn't find what I wanted. The GP controller card in my M1009 burnt this weekend and I'm looking for another does anyone know where to get one. I would like to keep the system stock and perfer not to install a push button. Can anyone help?

84cucv1ton

what cooked tho? i know you can got to radio shack get what you need. just need to solder it. i have done many. real easy

Seconded. Find the burned component, replace it if you can find a RadioShack that still has, well, radio parts etc.

Before you reinstall though, might want to check over the rest of the system to make sure it's not going to blow again immediately.

appalacious

Or get on ebay and find those gp controllers they sell. They're not the stock controller, but some new production unit. Probably made in china, but probably work too. somewhere around 30-40$

There was a thread on this recently, but it must've gotten moved or deleted.
J

ida34

Do a search. CCatlett was fixing them and knew the component that commonly fails. Front Line had them at one time.

HardCorps79

Just curious- should I ever run into this problem- what are the specs on the GP card? Part#, vendors, approx. price, etc. ?
(My plan for my new M1009 is to keep a stash of spare parts so I'm not scrambling if/when something happens to my ride. )

Semper Fi

tjmilitary

What should I look for to be wrong? I looked at the TM but I'm not that great with electric. Can anyone tell me what I should look for that may be malfunctioning?

sloride66

went through -20 and -20P soft copies for 5 hours. The relay and part # is in there repeatedly. I never could find a part # for the controller card. Either I'm blind or it's not there. Thanks.

(I did order the "switch assembly glow plug CUCV" from FLMV. I couldn't cross reference their part # in either TM)

National Item Identification Number
01-199-1579
5995-01-199-1579

Last edited:

m38inmaine

If you want a longer glow just turn the key off and back on again and it will cycle again, no need for a button. If your truck is running correctly it will start, mine starts here @ -24. Fuel leaks, dragging starter, weak batteries, dirty connections, plugged filters, bad glow plugs all add up to poor starting. Converting these to 12v or bypassing the original system is not really the answer, fix what's wrong, don't band-aid it.

The glow plug card/modulator part number is 12034592, they were available through GM a couple years back, I checked on gmpartsdirect.com and it shows they don't have them.

Attachments

Last edited:

jag7720

Mine is not broken and is already 12v, manual plugs and starts and runs fine.

If the controller is like the one in my van then it doesn't do a full cycle on every turn of the key... it only turns on when the plugs cool off and then only on enough to bring it up to temp...

I was just asking....

m38inmaine

There is a temp sensor that controlls if they come on, if the engine is still hot they won't come on, if you need them all the time then there is engine/IP problems. The post wasn't directed at you, seems like so may people are having problems with these and bypassing and patching. reading the tm and troubleshooting really helps. Yes, you could run both.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks