• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv ii

Johnston

No the wheels are CUCV II wheels. I believe that are what they are made for. I've searched around and have not found a lot of info on them. They will fit most 3/4 and single rear axle 1 tons but not metric Fords. I have them on a 2001 GMC 2500HD with no fitment issues and will fit on my 1971 K20. They are stamped Hutchison and GM and DOT if I remember right.

4bogginchevys

No the wheels are CUCV II wheels. I believe that are what they are made for. I've searched around and have not found a lot of info on them. They will fit most 3/4 and single rear axle 1 tons but not metric Fords. I have them on a 2001 GMC 2500HD with no fitment issues and will fit on my 1971 K20. They are stamped Hutchison and GM and DOT if I remember right.

where did you get them?:-D

4bogginchevys

I have a few more questions, since i'm not really familiar with some of the "qualities" of these wheels. By "3" piece design do they mean that 3 sections of a wheel are welded to make this design? I also noticed on the pics that the bead locks were to far inward to reach the part of the tire that is normally bolted, how to they work? Can the be normally balanced? If I had to guess than they seem to be like STAUN bead locks, is that right? Thanks again, I am seriously considering a weekend trip to Oregon!:-D

FlatlinesUp

I got a set of those wheels a couple years back (sold since).
They were made by Hutchinson, same maker of the hummer beadlocks, w/the internal rubber beadlock. The flanged bolts were metric IIRC, and they were 16x8's (or maybe 16x7) and I forget the exact back spacing (IIRC around 4")

Here is a shot on my 2500hd w/36 12.50 swampers on it:

Screamer27

Pictures of that Cucv 3 in page 1 really looks like it has quadrasteer. You can see the flares for the rear axle, Anyone know if it was a quadrasteer truck or if it was just the bed.

The PIG Smith

I got a set of those wheels a couple years back (sold since).
They were made by Hutchinson, same maker of the hummer beadlocks, w/the internal rubber beadlock. The flanged bolts were metric IIRC, and they were 16x8's (or maybe 16x7) and I forget the exact back spacing (IIRC around 4")

Here is a shot on my 2500hd w/36 12.50 swampers on it:

Those are some awesome looking wheels!
Are they bare metal? or some alloy?

I wish someone would repop those.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sure would like a set for my 2500HD. by the way its a great truck that I'm sure will be around running in 15 years. :-D They don't build them like they use to because you couldn't sell them. :razz:

FlatlinesUp

Those are some awesome looking wheels!
Are they bare metal? or some alloy?

I wish someone would repop those.

They are powdercoated medium grey/silver aluminum wheels and are approx 1" thick in the middle!! think they weigh about 50-55lbs each

They still pop up on ebay as new sets every now and again, usually $800/4 which honestly isn't a bad deal for aluminum hutchinson beadlocks that are .mil tough

I heard they were also used on some "black" vehicles in the sand box as well as some up armored Homeland Security Suburbans etc

aximony

They are powdercoated medium grey/silver aluminum wheels and are approx 1" thick in the middle!! think they weigh about 50-55lbs each

They still pop up on ebay as new sets every now and again, usually $800/4 which honestly isn't a bad deal for aluminum hutchinson beadlocks that are .mil tough

I heard they were also used on some "black" vehicles in the sand box as well as some up armored Homeland Security Suburbans etc

Those are exactly the wheel I'm looking for.

Is there any way to get an NSN on these wheels? Did they come standard on the CUCV? Does anyone have a manual number for the CUCV? That would be the easiest way to get the NSN, I think.

83GMCK2500

Those are exactly the wheel I'm looking for.

Is there any way to get an NSN on these wheels? Did they come standard on the CUCV? Does anyone have a manual number for the CUCV? That would be the easiest way to get the NSN, I think.
(Bumping an old thread, I know, but I'm researching LSSV Parts...)

How's this? It is from the 2006 General Motors LSSV/EMP Trucks Parts Manual Supplement

Attachments

67_C-30

I believe the bumpers are from 3/4 regular ck p/u's, but I agree with NDT, GM probably has the special punch for the blackout light slots. Check the bumpers in LCM and you'll see them there, minus the b/o light holes.

The bumpers with the stamped holes they are using on the CUCV II's are '93 - '98 6.5L Turbodiesel bumpers. They had the holes for extra cooling.

niferous

I got to sit in one of the Suburban prototypes at Fort Hood back in the summer of 2001 during the Armored Conference. It was just a 3/4 ton Suburban 4x4 that they painted green and stuck a few extras on. They did modify the lights a little but not too much. The unit I sat in actually had a CD player and the guys from GM had placed electrical tape over it. I asked why and they said that the production ones would not have a CD player but would have a radio, and they were tired of guys asking about it. Overall I was not too impressed as I had seen plenty of Suburbans up to that point in my life and this one just looked like a slightly dressed up one. It was just a show pony though. I wish now I had taken pictures.

MilitaryUnimog

Here are some other pictures, I kind of like the suburbans.
I had no idea GM made Suburbans for the military, thats cool! I really like the 1st one, the old C/K style, I'd love to have one of those. Does anybody know any info about those? How many were built, engine, etc? I'd assume they came with the the 6.5 Diesel, though.

I know, I'm digging up an old thread :mrgreen:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had no idea GM made Suburbans for the military, thats cool! I really like the 1st one, the old C/K style, I'd love to have one of those. Does anybody know any info about those? How many were built, engine, etc? I'd assume they came with the the 6.5 Diesel, though.

I know, I'm digging up an old thread :mrgreen:
The CUCV II Suburbans/Tahoes weren't built until 1999 and stopped around 2006.

A few members have taken the old squarebody Suburbans and built a clone CUCV. They named the M1007s or M1029s

MilitaryUnimog

The CUCV II Suburbans/Tahoes weren't built until 1999 and stopped around 2006.

A few members have taken the old squarebody Suburbans and built a clone CUCV. They named the M1007s or M1029s
1999 was the last year for the C/K body style so I guess that would explain why only 800 CUCV II Tahoes were made, and probably close to the same number of Suburbans. Either way, I'd love to have one, one with a Diesel of course. I saw the newer style 2001-2006 models but don't care too much for those, I like the old pre-1999 body style better, plus those you could get a Diesel. But I was watching a video on YouTube were a guy was at an auto wrecking place and a guy there had a 1994 3/4 ton GMC Suburban with a 454 upgraded to 425hp from the factory, Z88 package. These guys are in Ontario, though so it could've been a Canadian Military truck, plus it was dark blue and not OD/camo. Pretty sweet rig though.

What is it about stuff being Military that makes to so much cooler? :D

Preacherboy

The bumpers with the stamped holes they are using on the CUCV II's are '93 - '98 6.5L Turbodiesel bumpers. They had the holes for extra cooling.
I believe earlier in the thread they were talking about the smaller holes for the black out lights, not the larger holes for cooling.

Anyway, stonepicker or someone...do you have a few up close pictures of the front bumper area that you could post? I have a 1998 Suburban that I would like to turn into a CUCV II clone and sometimes the pictures look like the tow shackle points come right out of the bumper and sometimes it looks like they are mounted on the frame under the bumper.

Any help would be appreciated!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks