• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv ii

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe earlier in the thread they were talking about the smaller holes for the black out lights, not the larger holes for cooling.

Anyway, stonepicker or someone...do you have a few up close pictures of the front bumper area that you could post? I have a 1998 Suburban that I would like to turn into a CUCV II clone and sometimes the pictures look like the tow shackle points come right out of the bumper and sometimes it looks like they are mounted on the frame under the bumper.

Any help would be appreciated!

Check out his CUCV II ReBuild thread. He has some closeuos of the front shackles. They are under the bumper for the front and thru the bumper on the rear of the pickup.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/62434-cucv-ii-south-florida-rebuild-14.html

Post #139 and #140

I have seen pictures of the mounts under and thru the bumper.

We have been looking for a parts manual for the CUCV II, but haven't had any luck.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to find the front mounts already made so that I don't have to fabricate them (or have friends fab them!)

Have you ever been able to locate these?
No.

Since there are no parts trucks being sold, and few complete trucks for under $6000 (some $14K), fabricating them looks like the only solution.

Preacherboy

Well, I guess if I get them fabricated I can offer them for sale...potentially.

Awhile back I thought I found something decent from a Canadian company, but they were very expensive and there was no pictures...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks