• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv iii

cobra

i was just curious if anybody on here has seen any newer cucvs, cucviii, cucvii even i've only seen one, just curious to see what i could find

hey guys, havnt posted here in a very very long time, lol been a busy busy man. However in the CF, we have the LSSV, Also know as a milverado or a MILCOT.

ill post pics later.

Currently the CF is using LSSV, With 6.6l Diesels with a ****load of upgrades running on 35s :):):) well some of them anyways

Oh yeah, i forgot, almost my daily driver for work every single day,

Last edited:

original

I spent many hours in one of these trucks. It makes me think about who spent time in mine (and what they did to it). A guy from my shift and a guy from another shift got into an altercation. So they began to mess with each others duty vehicles. Long story short, we ended up with one truck with piss in the vents and the other with **** in the glovebox. Don't worry, uncle sam did some spanking. Both were reprimanded, and had to clean the trucks. Some day, a member of this site may own the piss or **** truck.

jdeere412

The lssv's look awesome! closest thing we have down here are border patrol trucks, they are basically the same set up only extended cab's that have been gutted and have air bag helper springs. Almost bought one but the cheapest he had was $12,500.

combatmech

We were in San Diego last month...I was in heaven walking around NAB Coranado surrounded by sweet LSSV's.....Have seen many here in Norfolk as well. I just want the bumpers and brush guard.:beer: Not that either would fit on a 1009. Althouhg I did see a 1009 in Iraq with a front bumper from a humvee on it.....

48cj2a

Yes, It's over on the Combat Readiness Training Center (CRTC) Side. If I could I'd drive it back home instead of flying.

combatmech

Looks like a lot of new or rehab'd buildings. I did a det there WAYYYYYYYY back in 2000.
That truck looks nice. I'm sure as the the services get new ones, we'll see them on the market. Or at least we can hope......

WARWAG

Forget an attack with EMP. GM has there own much more disruptive attack on there Diesel powered trucks. Its there electronics Engineering dept! Of our works 6 NEW Chevy 1 tons 5 suffer from "Safe Mode" about 25 diffrent Chevy dealers all across America have tried to figure out what the **** is going wrong. Oh its not a clogged Greeny Diesel exhaust "filter". My truck went into safe mode as soon as I was 1 mile from the dealership! 25 mph top speed. Then it just starts running perfectly! Typical dealer response after a week of trying to find the problem. "Uh everything seems ok now and uh we didnt find anything wrong with your truck. Uh heres your keys". My response now is, "Of course you didnt":cookoo:. THEY KNOW THERES A PROBLEM! Im not the only one they have had with the same problem! They are C R A P vehicles. And dont tell me YOU dont have any problems. If you dont count your self one of the few lucky ones. I will stick with the OLD School CUCV thank you. Now if they make a gas LSVS or whatever they are calling them now then I wouldnt mind owning one. The CUCV II still has the 6.2 6.5 so those are ok in my book.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Suburbans and Tahoe LSSVs are gassers

Pickups where the Duramax

Last edited:

48cj2a

The CUCVIIs (2 dr Tahoes) the USAF purchased are 350FI Gas motors... Same engine in my 98 Yukon that has never needed anything except a water pump in it's 130K miles.

Hopefully we don't have to many EMP worries in the states...if we do driving will be the least of our worries since computers are running the entire infrastructure incuding the pump that supplies the diesel at the corner gas station:mrgreen:

Last edited: