• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv License Plate

bkwudzhom

I'm so offended I think I'll keep my moonshine still plans to my self.
mabey Zout will be willing to share his "Cherry Juice."

Brett09

The idea is original and the craftsmanship is nice. The fact that it hangs and will move in wind and with momentum I can see why most people would shy away from it. I personal think that since the license plate needs to be on the truck 100% of the time I really rather just mount it permanently. I don't want to have to relocate it if I need to tow something. Being that it means so much to you I'll give you one gold star cause you took the time to post something original. Sorry the general forums community hasn't flooded you with praise. Hope your ego will recover. Sorry you have an issue with how the moderator wants you to do something. Most of us like the job they do and the general atmosphere of the site. fat lady sings

Iceman3005

Ya a piece of rectangle stock 1"x 1 1/2" that is about 4 inch's long worked perfectly, not tight but not too loose. I bought a 1 inch drill bit so the pintle hook pin could slide through and hold it in place. Should have bought a 1 1/32 inch drill bit but too late now.

Rustsleeps

Sorry, not legal in Wisconsin anyway. The law reads: must be attached "firmly and rigidly".

WI Stat: 341.15 (2):
Registration plates shall be attached firmly and rigidly in a horizontal position and conspicuous place. The plates shall at all times be maintained in a legible condition and shall be so displayed that they can be readily and distinctly seen and read. Any peace officer may require the operator of any vehicle on which plates are not properly displayed to display such plates as required by this section
:|

Brett09

It is about ego for you. You made the effort to post something trying to prove your point and didn't just move along in life. Here's the facts, it will move. Not just up and down but side to side. Oh you forgot potholes and bumps in the road too. This would give a LEO plenty of reason to pull you over. Most of us rather just mount it in a standard manner within the law. It's funny to see you join another thread just cause you got your feelings hurt. Lighten up or move along please.

Last edited:

dstang97

speed required to move an object - Physics Help Forum

If the science of physics is not good enough I suppose I could post a video.
Have a nice day.

Oh it was never about "ego" or the desire for an "at-a-boy" It was just about the lack of manners, and making assumptions and not asking questions.
Yes please post a video. I do not trust anyone on the internet. Especially big math/ physics problems.

Rustsleeps

Cucvnut: Nope, don't need more photos. I like it. That is where I think the plate should be. I bet it does not get wrapped up in weeds and brush when you are off road. I bet you have never been suprised because the plate was missing or because a cop did not like the way you had it displayed. Stop it . That is crazy, don't you want to be different and attract attention?:wink:

Motomech

Arizona say's No swinging plates!

28-2354. License plates; attachment; civil penalty
A. A person shall display the license plate or plates as follows:
1. For a motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer, on the rear.
2. Except as provided in paragraph 3 of this subsection, for a vehicle for which two license plates are issued, the vehicle owner shall display either of the following:
(a) One plate on the rear.
(b) One plate on the front and one plate on the rear.
3. For a vehicle for which two special license plates are issued pursuant to section 28-2409, one plate on the rear of the vehicle and one plate on the operator's wheelchair carrier or wheelchair lift when it is attached to the vehicle.
B. A person shall display all license plates as required by subsection A of this section until their lawful use expires or is canceled or revoked. A person shall maintain each license plate so it is clearly legible. A person shall securely fasten each license plate to the vehicle as follows:
1. To prevent the plate from swinging.
2. At a height of at least twelve inches from the ground to the bottom of the plate.
3. In a position to be clearly visible.
C. A person shall maintain each license plate so that the name of this state at the top of the license plate is not obscured.
D. A peace officer shall not stop or issue a citation to a person operating a motor vehicle on a highway in this state for a violation of subsection C of this section unless the peace officer has reasonable cause to believe there is another alleged violation of a motor vehicle law of this state.
E. If a person violates subsection C of this section, the person is subject to a civil penalty of thirty dollars, except that if a person violates subsection C of this section within twelve months after the date of a prior violation of subsection C of this section, the person is subject to a civil penalty of one hundred dollars.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks