• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv m1008 6.2 to 454 big block swap questions.

CUCVLOVER

Thank you guys for all this information.
The coach is based on a P30 so it does have a carburetor and th400 transmission. I will be throwing a lot of stuff in the trash on this engine. Going to put an edelbrock performer intake and 750 carburetor on it. Maybe some headers and new better looking valve covers on it.
All the smog stuff will go bye bye, my dad figured it up and the truck will cost me 25-35 cents a mile in fuel haha. Oh well, I can pull a house while doing it.
Way to much useless power robbing garbage on this engine. But i cam fix all that.

Attachments

CUCVLOVER

454 2.jpg454.jpgpulling 454.jpg

This is the coach im pulling the engine from and how it currently sets. Engine should be ut and on the ground by lunch time tomorrow. I have the exhaust, hoses, linkages, and everything loss from the engine and transmission. just a couple wires left and out it will come. should start to install in the cucv this coming week.

CUCVLOVER

That's kinda what I figured, lmc showed one cable but rock auto showed 2 and they where different lengths. Guess I'll go to Napa. They are usually better than anywhere else anyway, I usually buy parts from them and nowhere else.

86m1028

I can't give you part numbers that fit but will say this don't skimp on cheap headers.
Cheap headers = exhaust leaks & gasket replacements.
Most long tube headers fit good except for some rub the pass side shackle bolt.

rustystud

Have you thought about going with Stainless-Steel ? Here is one pretty cheap EDITED I went with the newer cast-iron ones from Sanderson for my small block.

Last edited by a moderator:

86m1028

Why did you choose carb over some type of efi ?
Would the stock exhaust manifolds not work ?

Stock manifolds aren't as "cool" as headers BUT it's nice not having to jack with gaskets & collectors ALL the time.
Looking forward to your build progress.

CUCVLOVER

Why did you choose carb over some type of efi ?
Would the stock exhaust manifolds not work ?

Stock manifolds aren't as "cool" as headers BUT it's nice not having to jack with gaskets & collectors ALL the time.
Looking forward to your build progress.
I went with carb because of the simplicity of the system no electronics and also I don't really have the time or funding to be doing a big efi set up right now. I am trying to get the truck ready for GA rally.
The stock manifolds it had where full of these ports and crap for the emissions junk and where punched and welded sheet metal. They where not cast iron.

86m1028

I went with carb because of the simplicity of the system no electronics and also I don't really have the time or funding to be doing a big efi set up right now. I am trying to get the truck ready for GA rally.
The stock manifolds it had where full of these ports and crap for the emissions junk and where punched and welded sheet metal. They where not cast iron.
Oh yeah, forgot about the smog tubes.
Will you post pics of them, if you don't mind ?
Ive never seen sheet metal ones.
I have an 85 p30 chassis RV that I got for the motor, axle & rear end.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks