• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv m1008 6.2 to 454 big block swap questions.

rustystud

Here are the pics of the manifold.
The other night I pulled the old intake to see what ports the head have. It's an oval port block so I can now order my Intake I need. I'm putting an edelbrock aluminum one on.
Those manifolds are actually pretty good flowing if you remove the smog tubes and install brass plugs. I don't know what the emission laws are like your way but up here in Washington if the vehicle is over 25 years old they no longer test for emissions. I'm not saying to do it, just saying :whistle: .

CUCVLOVER

Those manifolds are actually pretty good flowing if you remove the smog tubes and install brass plugs. I don't know what the emission laws are like your way but up here in Washington if the vehicle is over 25 years old they no longer test for emissions. I'm not saying to do it, just saying :whistle: .
That was my original plan but the more I look at those manifolds the less I like them and also got to really looking at them and the welds are cracked on just about every tube. I think in the long run I will be happier with the new iron manifolds.
Far as emissions testing there isn't anything down here that I know off. We don't take our trucks or cars in for any kind of testing or inspection.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only new vehicle I've ever bought was an 86 K30 single cab dually. 454, 400 turbo and 4.10 gearsets. I swear my 77 C30 with a 350 could tow just as much.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to get a brand new crate 350 or 383 but the 454 cane up and I figured it would be an faster swap since it was here.
I agree. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Your 454 deal will work out fine. I have a 96 burb still in FL. It has a 454 and 4L80E trans. This is a gen 5 with multiport FI. I'm tempted to go fetch it and use the engine and trans in one of my trucks and scrap the burb.

CUCVLOVER

I agree. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Your 454 deal will work out fine. I have a 96 burb still in FL. It has a 454 and 4L80E trans. This is a gen 5 with multiport FI. I'm tempted to go fetch it and use the engine and trans in one of my trucks and scrap the burb.
It will work out fine if I can get it done lol.
I get a day to work on it and instead go see my girlfriend who is begging me to come visit. So next day I work on the truck and get a bunch done. Go to start working on it today and had to go do some stuff for my grandpa and ended up visiting with chick. So no work done today.
Oh well. Just hit it in the morning I reckon.

rustystud

That was my original plan but the more I look at those manifolds the less I like them and also got to really looking at them and the welds are cracked on just about every tube. I think in the long run I will be happier with the new iron manifolds.
Far as emissions testing there isn't anything down here that I know off. We don't take our trucks or cars in for any kind of testing or inspection.
Your so lucky to not have to deal with emissions ! In my opinion it is just a money maker for the county and really doesn't do anything for pollution control. Especially with all the newer cars and trucks coming out with the emissions integral to engine performance. You cannot remove them and still have the vehicle run right.

rustystud

Only new vehicle I've ever bought was an 86 K30 single cab dually. 454, 400 turbo and 4.10 gearsets. I swear my 77 C30 with a 350 could tow just as much.
The 1977 350 engine had much more power and compression them the later 1986 454 engine due to all the emissions crap they put on it. What a waste of a great engine !

rustystud

It will work out fine if I can get it done lol.
I get a day to work on it and instead go see my girlfriend who is begging me to come visit. So next day I work on the truck and get a bunch done. Go to start working on it today and had to go do some stuff for my grandpa and ended up visiting with chick. So no work done today.
Oh well. Just hit it in the morning I reckon.
At my age I would take the young woman over any vehicle ! [thumbzup]

CUCVLOVER

At my age I would take the young woman over any vehicle ! [thumbzup]
Haha.
She's definitely a crazy redneck chick. We are usually in my truck playing in the puddles and back roads or in Polaris rzr hitting the trails. She's definitely not a city girl and that's why I like her. She has been asking when will I get this engine in so we can go romp it in the mud haha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks