• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv munitions question

MarcusOReallyus

If I remember what I read on the subject it was colt themselves who outsourced to keep up with demand. They still owned the patent but due to the needs of the military they allowed other manufactures to make the rifles to meet demands.
Yeah, that could be. I know they held the patent.

In WWII a lot of different companies got into the act. I've seen a .45 with Singer Sewing Machine Company markings.

Now that's just wrong! :mrgreen:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can personally attest a m16A1 would be equally at home in a CUCV as late as 1999. Last time I held a M16A1 in service was 2001, though M16A2s have been around quite awhile- You'd be accurate with either version.

If you can find one, a true military "rubber duck" wins for either standing in as a look-alike OR for true military accuracy, as rubber ducks were and still are used in military training. An airsoft replica only serves as a look-alike. As a side note I wish I could find a source for military "rubber ducks". They're hard to find.
1958M274 has rubber ducks in the classifieds.

gunboy1656

My old unit got rid of our A1's in 1996. so it would fit.

Side story... The M16A2 I Used in basic followed me to my NG unit. When we got issued our "new" rifles, we had to give our SN for the rifle. I saw the number, handed it to the armor and had him verify it as I read it. he asked how I knew the number so fast. He didn't believe me when I told him, said they were new. I said maybe reconditioned.

I tried having supply swap rifles when I went to Iraq so I could keep it with me but no luck. I still remember that number.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was at Ft Bragg for a summer, we got issued M16A1's. Mine was made by GM Hydramatic. Yep, the same people who make transmissions.

rivcrazy2000

What parts do you need to mount the rifles in the truck? I have the base the strap and what I assume is some type of barrel holder but for some reason I couldn't get my Colt A2 to really work. It would be nice to just use that to transport my AR's around to the range or on camping trips, keeps the rifle real handy. I figured I had everything but maybe I don't. Does someone have a picture with everything mounted in place and with a rifle in the rack?

MarcusOReallyus

There's just a cup sort of thing on the floor behind the seat, and a gizmo that looks like a door handle up higher. It's spring loaded and swivels freely. You pop the stock into the cup and pull the handle out and away, put the rifle back in there, and swing the handle over so it grips the forearm. You have to find the right angle for the rifle to sit. It can go in there a lot of different ways, and they don't all work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks