• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv no power to starter relay

aspen2hhi

Hi I just want to say thanks to ALL who replied I gave up and took it to a mechanic who specializes in electrical I spent 5 hours Saturday and found that I was not the only one one this truck with electrical issues maybe thats why it only has 38000 miles on it He called today and said there were 3 shorts I will let you know the outcome Thanks Again

DownRange

I hate to revive an old thread, but i drove my M1009 into the garage to do the doghead relay mod, and I had a similar issue this evening. Key on, no gen 2 light, no amp gauge, no start. The relay does click. All fuses on fuse block are good. I traced all wires from buss bar, and tested power at both ends. No power to under dash relay.....Help??

cucvrus

Check all the fusible links under the right passengers side buss bar and on the fire wall at the 12 volt power point left side. I think you have one burnt thru. Check them closely with a test light. It will not be the first time. If it has the insulation melted or not check it closely. Give it a gentle tug. If the insulation is the only thing there it will tear and you need to replace the fusible links as needed. As good measure replace them all and be done with it. Or find out what caused the short and melting. I suspect low amperage from weak batteries. That is often the root of all electrical issues. But also hacking and modifying the electrical system is another cause, Do as you wish. Have a great day. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It worked for 30 + years why redesign it now. Just change the correct parts as needed.

DownRange

cucvsrus, I greatly appreciate your insight into this issue. I wanted to report back, just incase anyone else ran into this, what my findings are. All wires tested out, I tested these things at least 10 times, figuring I missed something. Batteries are new, charging system was perfect, glow plug system working as designed, no jimmy rigs here. I agree with keeping the systems in these vehicles as stock as possible. Long story short, literally, the 26.1 volt wire (red) that goes into the passengers side bottom of the fuse block (located on the firewall) had shorted out between the fuse block and the plug, blew it completely off. And that my friends was a chore to repair, but I got it. I drove the vehicle to work today, and all systems are normal and working as they should.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks