• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV SAFETY?

TOBEXA

underdog said:
Last long trip we took in the M-1009 we learned why they had all those roadside motels way back when.
After a few hours at hwy speed with the windows down we were just covered in grime.
1/2 hour shower and still ruin the white motel towels.
Had to stop and buy seat covers as the stock vinyl would tranfer the grime into our clothes and just about ruined them.
Great now thats living. Please sir may i have another. Why yes -- we own two now.

ooooh i think you are serious? and that worries me....actually i know you are serious , cuz when i took it out to the club one nice summer evening, with the back window rolled down. i ended up smelling like chit.....

madsam

Is the M1009 louder than a M816? That is like Strattling that 250 cumins. And I would never get to 70mph.. unless I fell off a cliff.

rod

AJMBLAZER said:
TOBEXA said:
i don't get the ear plug part?
He's referring to the loudness of the engine drone.
The engine noise and the wind beating the ear toward the window.

I have driven the M1009 for 30 minutes or more without the foam ear plug and my ears rang for a while. Now I have a pack of those flesh colored ear plugs they sell in drug stores. I don't wear the earplugs if it is a short trip but for longer trips, I always wear them.

Hey, I wanna' hear what you guys are typing :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dieselsmoke

1009s hold up pretty well to getting t-boned at 70mph on the driver side. Guess how I learned that one:-x I also learned Colorado State Troopers are morons, thankfully I had 4 witnesses that saw the broad run into me.:roll: