• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv spin on fuel filter question.

CUCVLOVER

Hello all.
I have to finally bit the bullet and get rid of the box filter on my cucv.
So I need some advice on a spin on fuel filter for my m1008. I want one with a water in fuel sensor, a heater, bleader valve and if possible a primer pump.
I don't really care if its just a spin on filter or a canister with insert style filter.

So if anyone has any info on a particular filter with a place to get it I would greatly appreciate it.

Also I searched for a week and came up empty

Thank you

Smokinyoda

Good luck finding all those features at a decent price. If I was you I would pm gimpyrobb, he has some Stanadyne FM100 filter bases and filters at a great price.

They do not have a water in fuel sensor or heater, but they do have a bleeder valve. As far as a primer pump cheapest route is adding an electric airtex pump. Great for filter changes, and some people use them to replace there mechanical pump. I wired mine up to a toggle switch for use at filter changes, but will use it full time if/when my mechanical pump fails.

And where you live, a fuel heater is not required. I lived in your area for 20 years and never needed one.

CUCVLOVER

Thanks for the info.

I figured I was stretching it pretty far wanting all the bells and whistles.

I guess I could add in a T and use some sort of intank wif sensor. A bleeder valve is a must, I do have a primer bulb on the truck now so I could keep that if I have to.
Thanks.

rsh4364

I did spin on on both my 1009s.Wix 24770 head 33$ and wix 33005 filter 21$,plus npt to hose barb fittings aprox.15$.The head unit has 2 intakes and 2 exit ports so its easy to add a fuel pressure gauge,no wif fuel light,just open drain on bottom of filter 1 a month to confirm its diesel not water.My old beat up,high miles 85 1009 started pretty good in -5 weather with no fuel pre-heater.No block heater also.This year both are getting block heaters! And I also run summer and winter fuel additive.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

I don't really even know if my water in fuel light works. So since I check the oil weekly, and coolent and trans monthly I guess checking the water drain would not be a problem.

So I since that filter head has two exit ports one can go to the engine and the other can go to a T with a pressure gauge and a small valve to bleed air right?
Thanks

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't really even know if my water in fuel light works. So since I check the oil weekly, and coolent and trans monthly I guess checking the water drain would not be a problem.

So I since that filter head has two exit ports one can go to the engine and the other can go to a T with a pressure gauge and a small valve to bleed air right?
Thanks
Dead center of the head is an air purge valve, no need to add another one! They are gret filter headers wi5h lots of options available. I am trying to get some for a reasonable price soon.

rsh4364

I run a wix 24770 head,has 2 inputs 2 outlets at 1/2 npt,then added a 1/2" npt to 1/8 npt reducer,then a Mr Gasket #1561 fuel press. gauge.Has worked out well.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I figured out why I didnt hear back from my original supplier, they arent with the company any more. I should have more headers in 2 weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks