• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Starter GB CLOSED

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
In response to interested, and my close proximity to the two lots of new CUCV starters at Norfolk, Va. I am going to be trying to put together a group buy here for everyone. Otherwise we will have buy these one at a time on ebay for MUCH more. This conversation started with this thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=86789

Here is how I would like to work this GB. I am looking to bid on lucky lot number 13. I want three, so that leaves 10 for others in this buy. I am looking for people who are willing to commit to an actual max price per starter of $115.50 not including shipping. That is a bid price of $100 plus GL premium and tax. If there is no interest to committing to a max bid this high I would be willing to lower the max per starter, but that will also lower our chances of winning. I would want one starter for my trouble and fuel. The other two I will pay for like everyone else. This is an EUC item, so there will be time to get money worked out on the back end of this auction. As this is an EUC item I am only shipping in the USA. The final cost for each starter will be the final lot cost(with fees and taxes) divided by 12.

***If you want in on this GB then please post here that you are in, for how many, and if you have an alternate suggested max bid per starter.***

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1087885&categoryId=e2701

GB Participants
Builder77 (Ethan) 2
JoshC 2
thedeliverator 1
Armada 1
ZiggyO 1
smoke1 2
Gasser 1
rod 1
rizzo 1

Alternates and others interested in 2nd GB
mcne2026 1
ARMYMAN30YearsPlus 2
decodeme2 1
jumpmasterjim 2
2deuce 2
testpilot94539 1
86k10 1
JoshC 2(maybe)
peyton 1

All the spots are filled, but an alternate or two will be accepted just in case anyone has to drop out for whatever reason.

*UPDATE*
Well it was close on GB #2, but there are not enough people to make it happen. ARMYMAN30YearsPlus and others have talked about trying a smaller GB, and may contact people on that. I hope we can get enough starters for everyone here. I will be driving out tomorrow to inspect everything, so we all should be safe on this with luck.

For the GB #1 participants. If anyone has to change their participation status please post here, or PM me. I will update the list as things change.[/b]

Armada

I would be in for one.
What 'if' we win the bid, and the starter application is other than gl is claiming, or the condition of some are not A1, i.e. water damage, dropped, etc.?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I strongly suggest someone go put eyes on those pallets before bidding, from the pics, they are all factory packaged, which includes heat activated expanded foam, a water proof VCI bag, and in general, a "packaged for airdrop" style of packaging, all of which is good. If they were humvee starters, I'd be in on the group buy if I didnt already have 2 spares... :) Good luck with it guys.... From the pics, I would be worried about damage, BUT.. Someone should go look at them prior!

Sam27

I'm in for one. I'm trusting that they go significantly higher on E-bay? I don't need one now, but I will someday, so the idea is to save money and frustration at that time.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Used ones go for $100 on ebay. I have seen new ones go for over 200. You can't always find any starters though.

Does anyone have access to a good NSN lookup? The GL listing is calling these part number 1113591, NSN 2920-01-157-3765. The numbers that are on a military rebuilt starter I have is part number 313591, NSN 2920-01-354-0409. They look identical. The service manuals that I have do not mention numbers. Anyways if we can make sure that this is the correct part number for our CUCV then I will see about checking these out in person.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2920-01-157-3765 comes back to part # 1113591 I think it may have something to do with the "original spare parts buy" from GM itself, then Ohio Generator Remanufacturing getting the contract a few years later, whos NSN is 2920-01-354-0409 with a part # of 313591. the above info I verified thru "official" channels..

Thru Google, I found this:
http://www.unicor.gov/information/publications/pdfs/fleet/CATFM1801.pdf
and
http://brochures.slosh.com/cucv/tm9-2320-289-20p.pdf

Bottom line, they are CUCV starters......

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks emmado22 looks like your internet search panned out more them mine. I think that TM you linked to has some parts that my print out doesn't. I guess this is still on then.

Since this is almost filled up there is a chance we could go for the second lot too if people want them. I am a bit wary though about committing myself to that much debt if things go south. As is I am glad they screwed up and called this EUC as it will give time to collect everyones money while the EUC clears.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1087886&categoryId=e2701

Armada I am not sure about your question about possible not all the starters being A1 by the time I pick them up. Norfolk is good about keeping things like this indoor till pickup. Little worried about damage myself. If anyone has suggestions on how to be fair about this I would love to hear them. I have participated in many GBs, but never run one myself. If any look like potential problem starters I will bring this up here when I inspect them. Otherwise my intentions are to label these and ship them out in the box they are already in. These are supposed to be new, but I guess there is a bit of risk still.

gasser

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: CUCV Starter GB

Sorry about that Gasser. I forgot to go thru the original thread when I set the terms in the new thread. I need to give Rizzo and Rod an PM too. You have a spot reserved for you.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok well that fills all the spots for that lot of 13 starters. If anyone wants in but missed this we could always use an alternate or two just in case. If there is alot of interest for more we could try to get something going for the other lot of 13. Post your interest and we will see where it goes.

Armada

Armada I am not sure about your question about possible not all the starters being A1 by the time I pick them up. Norfolk is good about keeping things like this indoor till pickup. Little worried about damage myself.
Builder, was just throwing out some issues that could arise. I've seen the rating that GL posts to be very subjective. However, based on the pics of the starter shown, they are correctly rated at A1, and not F7,HX, etc.
Thanks for the effort in putting this GB together!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks