• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV tool kit...what do you carry?

2deuce

I have a M1028. It has a tool rack behind the seat. Just bolted to the back of the cab. In my M1009 everything ends up behind the spare tire. I even have a tow bar in the back right now. I carry a fuel filter, spare belts and rad hoses in the 09 and the tools to change them if need be.

Disciple

Ditto on the M1911. If your tool kit is on a budget, you can get by with a RockRiverArms or Springfield Armory for now and buy the S&W later.
Or, if you're REALLY on a tight budget, you can just use the M1911 to "acquire" whatever else you may need at the moment! :twisted:

Capt.Marion

I think the best way to get a paper copy is to take the .pdf on a thumb drive to a Kinkos or something similar and have them print you a copy and 3-hole punch it for a binder.

Barrman

Portrayol press has them for a big junk of change in the original bindings. I downloaded from here and printed them out.

I second the kinkos idea by the way. double sided is better than single when trying to store all 1K plus pages in the back of the truck.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you decide to carry your tools in, be certain to make some effort to hold it in place. Not just keep keep it from sliding, but also keep it from "lifting" up.

I knew a guy who had a heart attack while driving and went off the road. They said he probably would have survived if he had not received the severe head trauma from his toolbox full of tools,it was on the passenger side floor.

I keep some tools behind my seat, in an ammo can. It is fairly secure with straps holding it down to the floor and from moving forward also.

Just think about it, whenever you put something in your passenger area(cab).

I keep a full compliment of bulbs and fuses in a plastic case so I can replace EVERYTHING short of the headlights and I generally have one spare of those. All the other stuff as has been said...

A Glock knife and a couple of folders. A deck of cards. Two rolls of tp and one roll of hand towels. Matches, aspirin, bandaids.

I keep SOME of my tools in my seat covers...

Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Universal Seat Covers - Synergy Offroad

cucv1833

Im still working on it. small tool kit with basic sockets mainly for the alternater brackets and battery terminals for me. rope, zip ties knife towstrap and Tow Truck drivers phone #
spare belts i havent ventured out too far yet

xenocath

searching.............
Every tool that I have used to fix my 1009 in the past, AAA card, cell phone, or call Gimp to pull me back.:mrgreen:
sounds like how i got started and of course after reading the site i went nuts buying spares just in case of failures. no tow safety net here

DokWatson

I have a cell phone in my pocket and wear a good coat. Too cold to mess with stuff this time of year on the side of the road. No sense in freezing to death if it can be towed to a buddies garage and fixed where its warm.

Different story during the summer when it gets used off the beaten path. Everything from lugnuts to welding rod.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Whatever you decide to carry your tools in, be certain to make some effort to hold it in place. Not just keep keep it from sliding, but also keep it from "lifting" up.

I knew a guy who had a heart attack while driving and went off the road. They said he probably would have survived if he had not received the severe head trauma from his toolbox full of tools,it was on the passenger side floor.
Concur with this but guilty of not heeding this advice.

We had a bus load of soldiers flip once and only injuries that required overnight stays were due to equipment that had been brought on the bus, in this case several large water pumps.

Darwin T

Under Deuce Add Ons some one posted an ad for a Jerry Can Shaped Toolbox by Rampage it is called "Trail Can Utility Tool Box". It fits in a jerry can holder and that would keep it from moving around. i contacted them to see if they made a military version and as of right now they don't, but it has been talked about. if they ever find this site they may start making them in OD Green.

67_C-30

Under Deuce Add Ons some one posted an ad for a Jerry Can Shaped Toolbox by Rampage it is called "Trail Can Utility Tool Box". It fits in a jerry can holder and that would keep it from moving around. i contacted them to see if they made a military version and as of right now they don't, but it has been talked about. if they ever find this site they may start making them in OD Green.

I looked it up, and that is slick! I might have to order one of those. That's solves the where am I am going to put it part. I have a empty jerry can in there now, but I have no intention of keeping fuel in it. That would allow me make that usuable space. Thanks!

minimalist

Doesn't look hard to powdercoat, at least the exterior part.

Cucvnut

I put a box in my bed drilled some holes and mounted it to the frame and welded a lock hasp to it for secirity. I 4 wheel a lot and I dont want tools flying around in the cab. thanks DH for suggesting that to everyone else. I carry a 90 piece tool set SAE and Metric and two soft tool bags full of pliers,screwdrivers,allenheads,snap ring pliers and every other kind of tool,

Under the seat is a tire iron and a fluke meter in a case, I have flash lights in the cab and in the metal box I keep my ratcheting wrenchs in the metal box they came in behind the seat along with a tow strap in a old gas mask bag and a fix a flat kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks