• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv Towbar tips

emr

Isn't the M1009 a 3/4" connection.

The Hunter Mil-Spec towbar is also called the Medium towbar. it has a 39K towing capacity.
You can get the 3/4' feet, usually for the CUCVs, or the 1" feet which are usually for the Deuce and 5 ton. Measure the hole diameter in the M1009 and let me know for sure if it is a 3/4 " hole or a 1". And I have the towbars with your choice of feet in the classified if interested, and you can get a good visual graphic of what it we are talking about.
the mil blazers have 3/4 and also 1 inch holes depends on your rig, maybe a difference in the date of manufacture i guess, i am not into these trucks enough for why reasons but sure do know u can find em with one or the other thats a fact..................oh and put both in neutral and go, they have been tow barred a million miles in service this way, and will be fine,

3dAngus

Thanks emr. The ones I'm familiar with are 3/4". It was a surprise to hear there were some with 1" holes. That's probably overkill for the weight being pulled. 5 tons are 1".

I was just going to let it go, but appreciate you coming back and setting the forum straight.

emr

I thought they were all 3/4 untill i offered to go and get one for a member here a year ago that could not get to picatinny, and i had the wrong feet, and then saw a couple of 1 inch on some in the mta, because now i was nosey, like just not sure what was up, I am also wondering why in David Doyles book they are listed only as 1/2 tons but have seen the heavier 3/4 ton blazers. and are the 3/4 ton blazers ones 1 inch and the 1/2 ton blazers the 3/4 ???????? and i just think its really interesting hobby stuff to find out, I do not know the answer but would love to know, like were they first orders 1/2 and later 3/4 ? is there actually a contract difference somewhere in some guv orders ?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks