• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv Towbar tips

emr

Isn't the M1009 a 3/4" connection.

The Hunter Mil-Spec towbar is also called the Medium towbar. it has a 39K towing capacity.
You can get the 3/4' feet, usually for the CUCVs, or the 1" feet which are usually for the Deuce and 5 ton. Measure the hole diameter in the M1009 and let me know for sure if it is a 3/4 " hole or a 1". And I have the towbars with your choice of feet in the classified if interested, and you can get a good visual graphic of what it we are talking about.
the mil blazers have 3/4 and also 1 inch holes depends on your rig, maybe a difference in the date of manufacture i guess, i am not into these trucks enough for why reasons but sure do know u can find em with one or the other thats a fact..................oh and put both in neutral and go, they have been tow barred a million miles in service this way, and will be fine,

3dAngus

Thanks emr. The ones I'm familiar with are 3/4". It was a surprise to hear there were some with 1" holes. That's probably overkill for the weight being pulled. 5 tons are 1".

I was just going to let it go, but appreciate you coming back and setting the forum straight.

emr

I thought they were all 3/4 untill i offered to go and get one for a member here a year ago that could not get to picatinny, and i had the wrong feet, and then saw a couple of 1 inch on some in the mta, because now i was nosey, like just not sure what was up, I am also wondering why in David Doyles book they are listed only as 1/2 tons but have seen the heavier 3/4 ton blazers. and are the 3/4 ton blazers ones 1 inch and the 1/2 ton blazers the 3/4 ???????? and i just think its really interesting hobby stuff to find out, I do not know the answer but would love to know, like were they first orders 1/2 and later 3/4 ? is there actually a contract difference somewhere in some guv orders ?

Last edited: