• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Winter Fronts

JohnFire

Ccatlett those must be some really long city blocks. LOL Mike I am just trying to limit the amount of stuff I need to haul back from misery I mean Missouri come mid March.

CCATLETT1984

JF, I plug my truck in (600w block heater) and i have no engine fan until the truck is up to 160F (have the electric fans on a thermostat). plus the turbo helps to add heat to the metal block for sure.

tklm539

JATONKA,

I got the Grill cover installed when I got home today. It fits perfect. The bottom hangs behind the bridge plate and bumper enough to hold it in place.

The screws line up with the snaps exactly. Great job. Makes on hell of a difference in how fast the heat comes up.

Thanks again

Tom

K5NUTT

I have the complete NOS artic covers on my 79 K5. The covers were only part of the entire winterization kit which included diesel fired heaters and thick padding for the floorboards and sidewalls of the cab. Found mine on ebay years back...kick myself for not buying the entire kit.

DW

jatonka

I make them, $65 for the winter front at present time, PM me for shipping to you.
I also make slip covers for M1009 CUCV Blazer and M1008 Pickup, PM for price and shippping

Milkman357

Picture

I still haven't seen a pic....I've tried several times, with different browsers....how about an updated pic?

Maybe I'm not clear enuff. I see pic of winter front. I don't see pic of winter front on vehicle....

4bogginchevys

Have you had any inquiries about a soft top setup to get rid of the shell on the back? I know a few that would purchase a blazer "bikini top/tonnue cover" if they were available. (from roof line in front to tailgate, sloping, and either held on with buttons or straps The look of your cover(s) would be perfect, and as far as I can tell the idea is pretty new and very uncommon to see. Also makes for less space to heat.2cents

saddamsnightmare

February 27th, 2010.

I can now say that I have seen winter fronts and artic cover padding for a military K blazer. Very interesting, I guess Uncle figured on sending a few to Alaska. I had heard of the covers for the engine compartment and cargo bed on the M35A2's, it's a wonder they did not do the insulated covers for the CUCV hoods too?

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:D