• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV with no title or 97... Buy or run away?

rnd-motorsports

Here in michigan would be no problem! I have got several from a local tow and inpound with just a bill of sale stating it was a inpound/abanded and then got titles. GOOD LUCK in ca. Post some pics when you get it! and some info

dragonwagon

I am a towing company in Mi. The average officer is clueless as they normally have 1 or 2 officers that deal in abandoned veh paper work .

Im sure CA is set up simular to MI regarding a veh at a tow yard . The tow yard should have either paper work to obtain the tittle or the tittle its self before attempting to sell this truck .

Depending on value it was either signed over by a police dept or a public auction was held and often NO one bids on stuff at a tow yard , atleast here they dont . At that point it is signed over to them by the state . It has to be in LIEN or your not getting a tittle probable .

Id ask the tow company what paper work they have regarding getting title . If they say non id suspect something is not correct with in the company its self and walk away . Well , id also report it to the local law office .

combat jump

Dragon,
I am fairly satisfied that they are reputable (have viewed their web page, talked with two of their people. Sure, they could be snowing me, but I don't get that idea. California has a special number at DMV for lien sales. I called them today about this, and its probably similar to Michigan. (I spent the holiday with family in Pentwater, by the way). I'll inspect the lien docs when the truck arrives tomorrow.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a towing company in Mi. The average officer is clueless as they normally have 1 or 2 officers that deal in abandoned veh paper work .

Im sure CA is set up simular to MI regarding a veh at a tow yard . The tow yard should have either paper work to obtain the tittle or the tittle its self before attempting to sell this truck .

Depending on value it was either signed over by a police dept or a public auction was held and often NO one bids on stuff at a tow yard , atleast here they dont . At that point it is signed over to them by the state . It has to be in LIEN or your not getting a tittle probable .

Id ask the tow company what paper work they have regarding getting title . If they say non id suspect something is not correct with in the company its self and walk away . Well , id also report it to the local law office .
I have family member that has a towing o here in Michigan to.
Ca has alot different law's to a towing co they do not half to have an auction
the abandon veh has 15 days they have sheriff run vin and check towing docks and paperwork is done and clear on the 16th day to sell it has seal stamp by the county in where the towing co is in.
Ca DMV is nothing like Michigan sectary of state.
I lived there in Riverside Ca for 10 years.

My 3 tours and 14 months as Army CIVAC
LSA Diamond Back H2 142nd CSB 872nd DS
FOB SYKES H5
FOB Q West / FOB Endurance
COB SPEICHER Home of 2nd HET
Liberty north
Camp Victory
Camp Anaconda , Balad Air Base, LSA Anaconda
TQ
to much to list
scania
cedar and cedar
IITallil Airbase
Camp Arifjan 233rd TC HET 96th Trans co
Camp Doah by power plant what a dive for air quailty. 699th DS Maint
Camp Buehring (formerly Camp Udairi) sand sand o man sand
off Iorn horse road & hwy 80 Tampa
Camp Victory 1498Th TC / HET
Camp Navastar / Carolina Crossing
SPOD / APOD.
Ali Al Salem Air Base.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks