• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins 350 injector pump on a 250

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
350 has an aneroid that you would need to delete. otherwise it's going to be sluggish or wide open. Maybe a little hot depending on RP and the button. 200rp and #18 button is about max for a small cam with no turbo

It will work otherwise. Nhc250 pump will work on a bigger pump just has less settings. Nuc250 does not have an android its got the blockoff

5_TON_TOMATOE

350 has an aneroid that you would need to delete. otherwise it's going to be sluggish or wide open. Maybe a little hot depending on RP and the button. 200rp and #18 button is about max for a small cam with no turbo

It will work otherwise. Nhc250 pump will work on a bigger pump just has less settings. Nuc250 does not have an android its got the blockoff
Going to run the dual fuel line now, Turbo later- I'm over coming a horrible failure with a valve dropping into my fresh cylinder (Will warned me about this) Just about to redo the one cylinder, and get her running again before turbo

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you run an AFC pump on a non turbo engine, you will have zero power. Needs the turbo to make the pump work. You COULD run air to the AFC....20 psi or so max....and it will work. It will smoke like a freight train on accel!

5_TON_TOMATOE

If you run an AFC pump on a non turbo engine, you will have zero power. Needs the turbo to make the pump work. You COULD run air to the AFC....20 psi or so max....and it will work. It will smoke like a freight train on accel!
Left original pump in place, but used the 350 injectors. Seems to run well, but has the "Freight Train" smoke going on like you mention. Not sure what you mean by running air to it.....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Left original pump in place, but used the 350 injectors. Seems to run well, but has the "Freight Train" smoke going on like you mention. Not sure what you mean by running air to it.....
Injectors have too large of an orifice probably. Did you happen to get a number off them?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AND, the cam lift might be different. You need to look in a CPL book or better yet an injector book to see what cam is used. Was/is the 350 a big or small cam?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have the injector book if I had the number on the injector or the cpl for the 350 engine I could tell you everything about it.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, there ya have it. OP needs to look at the 350 and give at least CPL to Wes.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Push tube....big one between the cam follower and injector lever or the link from the lever into the injector? Links are the same between SC and BC, PT is different between SC and BC, IIRC SC was a tad longer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks