• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cummins swap assistance

DFD2010-A

Good evening all. I'm going up next week to check out a 12v Cummins motor for a possible swap in to my bobbed deuce. Just putting out a feeler to see if there are any members local to me (Dayton, Ohio) who would be interested in lending a helping hand through the swap since this type of thing is out of my league. Anyone have preliminary advice on things that I will need or special pieces that could throw a wrench in the process? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

area52

MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE THEN MEASURE AGAIN!!! Don't cut anything unless you are positive you need to cut it.

Are you keeping the transmission or swapping in a different one? Check out mudguppy's thread on here about his swap.

DFD2010-A

thanks for the tips guys, I've been filtering through all of the cummins swap threads I can find for information. As far as the trans I haven't decided yet....I was happy with the NV4500 that was in my Cummins before, maybe change to that??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks