• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cummins swap assistance

DFD2010-A

Good evening all. I'm going up next week to check out a 12v Cummins motor for a possible swap in to my bobbed deuce. Just putting out a feeler to see if there are any members local to me (Dayton, Ohio) who would be interested in lending a helping hand through the swap since this type of thing is out of my league. Anyone have preliminary advice on things that I will need or special pieces that could throw a wrench in the process? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

area52

MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE THEN MEASURE AGAIN!!! Don't cut anything unless you are positive you need to cut it.

Are you keeping the transmission or swapping in a different one? Check out mudguppy's thread on here about his swap.

DFD2010-A

thanks for the tips guys, I've been filtering through all of the cummins swap threads I can find for information. As far as the trans I haven't decided yet....I was happy with the NV4500 that was in my Cummins before, maybe change to that??