• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current " FL Title " wait times from GovPlanet

cybrockway

Morning all, does anyone have the current wait times to get a FL title from GovPlanet? I paid for my auction in full on DEC, 4 so its been about 4 weeks, with holidays. Just curious to see if anyone else bought around that time frame and have or are still waiting for their titles? I know it takes some time but just wondering...

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just talked with one of the govplanet reps anout mine on Monday and was quoted 4 to 6 weeks, but with the holidays I would expect it could be longer than that.

infidel got me

I will try to make a long story a short one. Won bid on truck 9-30-15. Paid for truck on 10-1-15. Picked up truck on 10-8-15. So far so good---- received paperwork from gp mid oct. Looked briefly at paperwork--seemed in order--didn't think anymore about it. Untill--------- I roll down to my dmv and then the sh@t and fan met. Gp sent me a certificate to obtain title to a vehicle, so I figured that was all I needed--wrong. The clerk tells me that I need to get a sheriff to verify vin, mileage, etc. I tell her that I didn't do that with my other truck, why on this one? Now the supervisor comes out of her lair with a attitude, I explain whats going on, as she's looking my paper work over she tells me that Gp sent me the wrong/incomplete title-- this can't be-- I just did this last year wtf. After arguing with her for a few more minutes, I remembered two things one- my wife registered my other truck two- I purchased my other truck from Gl. Gl took care of the paperwork to process my title, where Gp fowled up. So, I leave the dmv feeling like a idiot- and fed ex my paperwork back to Gp to get a sf-97 that was supposed to have been done already-- that was Dec. 15 so it's the waiting game now.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will try to make a long story a short one. Won bid on truck 9-30-15. Paid for truck on 10-1-15. Picked up truck on 10-8-15. So far so good---- received paperwork from gp mid oct. Looked briefly at paperwork--seemed in order--didn't think anymore about it. Untill--------- I roll down to my dmv and then the sh@t and fan met. Gp sent me a certificate to obtain title to a vehicle, so I figured that was all I needed--wrong. The clerk tells me that I need to get a sheriff to verify vin, mileage, etc. I tell her that I didn't do that with my other truck, why on this one? Now the supervisor comes out of her lair with a attitude, I explain whats going on, as she's looking my paper work over she tells me that Gp sent me the wrong/incomplete title-- this can't be-- I just did this last year wtf. After arguing with her for a few more minutes, I remembered two things one- my wife registered my other truck two- I purchased my other truck from Gl. Gl took care of the paperwork to process my title, where Gp fowled up. So, I leave the dmv feeling like a idiot- and fed ex my paperwork back to Gp to get a sf-97 that was supposed to have been done already-- that was Dec. 15 so it's the waiting game now.
I received a title reassignment and was able to use that to get a title with no issue. Unfortunately it cost me about $100 at the DMV. I was under the impression that FL residents were supposed to receive a FL title already in our name. I contacted Jwade and he confirmed I should have received the FL title in my name. He looked into the situation and I received a refund for the extra fee I had to pay to transfer the title. If you have any issues you can't get resolved to your satisfaction PM him and he may be able to help.

cybrockway

I received a title reassignment and was able to use that to get a title with no issue. Unfortunately it cost me about $100 at the DMV. I was under the impression that FL residents were supposed to receive a FL title already in our name. I contacted Jwade and he confirmed I should have received the FL title in my name. He looked into the situation and I received a refund for the extra fee I had to pay to transfer the title. If you have any issues you can't get resolved to your satisfaction PM him and he may be able to help.
What was your wait time?

infidel got me

Thanks Ray- I was under the same assumption that Florida residents got a good to go title, and according to the rep I spoke to it was a mistake on GP's end. I did have to send GP another 107.00 dollars. So, I don't know what I will have to pay at dmv when I go back.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ray- I was under the same assumption that Florida residents got a good to go title, and according to the rep I spoke to it was a mistake on GP's end. I did have to send GP another 107.00 dollars. So, I don't know what I will have to pay at dmv when I go back.
The title fee to GP is $100 for the dealer documentation fee and $50 for state title fee. If the title you receive is a FL title in your name you don't have to do anything else other than register the vehicle to get a tag.

Wait time was 6~7 weeks.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Due to us being a dealer in FL it should have come in your name. Part of the transition of moving the titling process to FTW catching this was missed on our end. Shouldn't be happening much going forward.

cybrockway

Due to us being a dealer in FL it should have come in your name. Part of the transition of moving the titling process to FTW catching this was missed on our end. Shouldn't be happening much going forward.
Good morning Jwade. Any ideas on my title? It's been 5 weeks now?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Paid for my truck a little before thanksgiving picked it up Dec 1. I had my title from GP on Dec 31st. I had to call them but when I did I had it the next morning. It has been about the same time frame on all the trucks I have gotten.

cybrockway

Just received the title. Interesting thing is I called this morning and spoke to Jason. He informed me another 2 weeks...hmm, FedEx was just here and delivered it! Where'd he get the 2 week time frame from or did he just blow me off? Just thought I'd share...wait time was 6 weeks.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Just received the title. Interesting thing is I called this morning and spoke to Jason. He informed me another 2 weeks...hmm, FedEx was just here and delivered it! Where'd he get the 2 week time frame from or did he just blow me off? Just thought I'd share...wait time was 6 weeks.
Jason is one of our newest customer care members, I will go find out where he was looking and where the lack of training came into play.

cybrockway

Jwade, I and others do appreciate you looking into this. However, this was clearly not lack of training by you or other members on your staff. When a call is made and i'm told 2 weeks longer and the title arrives hours later, clearly tells me he didn't even look. I am speaking with another member who also got him on the phone and he had similar issues. Times are tough and jobs are even tougher to come by...perhaps he might need a reminder of that. But, thank you for assisting all of us when you can!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I just want to make sure he knows where to look. There is a few things different on the GovPlanet side that he may not know where to look. If he just flat out didn't that will be a different situation altogether I agree.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If a customer gets a FL title, does it come in GovPlanet's name and signed/notarized to you, or does it come already in the customer's name?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks