• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current " FL Title " wait times from GovPlanet

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
It comes in gov planet's name, signed over to the purchaser with the purchaser's name already filled in.
This is correct unless you live in state of FL. Due to us being a dealer there it is supposed to come in the buyers name. Had some errors with that being done correctly but think I got them ironed out.

infidel got me

This is correct unless you live in state of FL. Due to us being a dealer there it is supposed to come in the buyers name. Had some errors with that being done correctly but think I got them ironed out.
If GOV.PLANET is a dealer in Florida, then why is it taking sooooooooooo loooooooooooooooong to get my title.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
It's actually a shorter process if you live outside of FL... It can come in ironplanets name and be signed over. In FL it has to be generated with your name on it which has to be handled out of the CA office.

infidel got me

title

Should I move out of state, get my title, then move back? Maybe that would be quicker?
The thing that really burns me is that it was G.Planets screw-up and I am charged normal fee, and put back in the system, like I had purchased the truck last auction. What happened to 10 to 14 business days, as told by your rep. I realize that things take time- especially paperwork-but how about a real time frame. Yet another company where no person is held accountable for a fowl up. If I want to hear a bunch of lies I'll listen to the debate! I was sent a over night fed-ex mailing label to get it to Cali. quicker, so I was under the impression it would be taken care of efficiently????? I wont post anymore on this, I'll just accept that its a poorly run outfit.

Last edited:

infidel got me

I would like to thank MR.JWADE for helping out with all the mess of paperwork. A quarterback cannot win the game alone, it takes a team. Looks like MR.WADE is the only one on our field!

Here in Wyoming, getting a title for any vehicle that is currently sf-97 or Out of State titles must get a VIN check by law enforcement. Costs $10 to have a sherriff come to your house.

Once a a vin check is done, titles are pretty easy.

Robus1022

Wow just got the bad news. I feel absolutely robbed and scammed. No more florida state titles issued(im in florida). Fl doesnt accept bill of sales or sf97 so I was bait and switched on a 7000lb paper weight

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did you buy that's only 7000#?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drivebymashing

Probably a hummer arenty they around 7k? Im also awaiting a florida title for a m105. My fine state of NC doesnt like the notarized bill of sale I paid 25 dollars for.

Wow just got the bad news. I feel absolutely robbed and scammed. No more florida state titles issued(im in florida). Fl doesnt accept bill of sales or sf97 so I was bait and switched on a 7000lb paper weight
If it was an item that wasn't for on road use your pretty much in the same boat. I would think a notarized bill of sale if you sell it out of state would allow the buyer the get a off hwy title. Hopefully you don't lose your butt

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's how this will play out -

Variant 1) Florida will go back to issuing titles.

Variant 2) GP will obtain dealer status in another state and issue OHV titles from there.

May take a while.....

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was an item that wasn't for on road use your pretty much in the same boat. I would think a notarized bill of sale if you sell it out of state would allow the buyer the get a off hwy title. Hopefully you don't lose your butt
Some states require title for transfer, even for off road only vehicles.

Many people (myself included) won't touch a vehicle without a title.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
They are reassessing how they classify them. They will start issuing again they just have to figure out how they want to classify them. We were as blindsided as anyone on this. Apparently a guy decided he wasn't satisfied with an off road title and went into a regional office making a scene. It got escalated to the Regional Manger who basically said if you want to act like this technically your HMMWV doesn't meet off road classification either. At that point we were put in a standstill by the DMV in FL. We are actively pursuing other options.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

They are reassessing how they classify them. They will start issuing again they just have to figure out how they want to classify them. We were as blindsided as anyone on this. Apparently a guy decided he wasn't satisfied with an off road title and went into a regional office making a scene. It got escalated to the Regional Manger who basically said if you want to act like this technically your HMMWV doesn't meet off road classification either. At that point we were put in a standstill by the DMV in FL. We are actively pursuing other options.
Mr Wade can you please check on the 4 wreckers in hattiesburg that need titles please, if they take much longer they are going to scrap

sent from my decrepit fingers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks