• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

custom trailer build thread

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw some pretty neat trailers on the offroad boards. Wanted to start a thread with Steel Soldiers custom-built trailers for their own unique purposes.

Only for custom or modified trailers, if you have a nicely restored trailer that's great, but not for this thread...

Danger Ranger

Ooo, this looks like it will be a good thread!
Do modified M105's count (for example: one set up for camping)?
Can't wait to see some cool results...:wink::jumpin::jumpin:

Autocar

This is an M871 that I just finished. Found a removeable dump truck ramp and I attached it to the back of the trailer and it is removeable also. Added trailer plugs in the back to hook up either the rear trailer lights or the ramp lights(which get converted to 12 volts). I made bolt on brackets that attach to the trailer to mount the D-rings. To keep things neat and orderly, I made a wooden box to hold the chains and a shelf to hold plastic containers with gloves, tie-downs, coveralls, etc. Also made some brackets to hold my scooter so when I go to a show, I can get around. Will be going on my first long trip this weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an M871 that I just finished. Found a removeable dump truck ramp and I attached it to the back of the trailer and it is removeable also. Added trailer plugs in the back to hook up either the rear trailer lights or the ramp lights(which get converted to 12 volts). I made bolt on brackets that attach to the trailer to mount the D-rings. To keep things neat and orderly, I made a wooden box to hold the chains and a shelf to hold plastic containers with gloves, tie-downs, coveralls, etc. Also made some brackets to hold my scooter so when I go to a show, I can get around. Will be going on my first long trip this weekend.

That is very cool! Do you have any other pictures of the ramp? I'm interested in seeing how it is removable.

srodocker

Im making a deuce bed trailer. with a m200 spring pack and a trailer frame kind of like a bolster trailer with a single axle. adding a deuce bed to it and 395's

Autocar

That is very cool! Do you have any other pictures of the ramp? I'm interested in seeing how it is removable.
I took lots of photos during the fab process but I am having problems with that camera. If I get it straightened out, I will post them. Here a few more shots of the scooter mount. You can see the added trailer plugs for selecting the lights. You can also see the fold down step that I added on the rear deck

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks