• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

custom trailer build thread

Bighurt

Yeah I figured that's what you did...

I'm not even going to comment on the second two pictures...

Nice...ahhh bike thought!

stancanpara

This is an M871 that I just finished. Found a removeable dump truck ramp and I attached it to the back of the trailer and it is removeable also. Added trailer plugs in the back to hook up either the rear trailer lights or the ramp lights(which get converted to 12 volts). I made bolt on brackets that attach to the trailer to mount the D-rings. To keep things neat and orderly, I made a wooden box to hold the chains and a shelf to hold plastic containers with gloves, tie-downs, coveralls, etc. Also made some brackets to hold my scooter so when I go to a show, I can get around. Will be going on my first long trip this weekend.
That is the EXACT setup I've been dreaming all my life about!!! Truck/Trailer/Halftrack! That is just awesome!!! My dream my never come true so I'm gonna print these off and frame them for my wall so I can drool over them every day... :grd:
:driver:

spicergear

I'd guess the running gear under #2 was an M200 trailer.

Pic #5 was a communications shack off of Unimog and I believe it's on a M105 chassis.

If I'm wrong, hopefully I will be corrected.
Nope, you're right. It's a radio body off a 404...even looks like a 404 pulling it.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was built by Mpop on a modified M105 chassis. Very nice workmanship.

Neat trailer, it was for sale a couple of years ago but we just couldn't get close enough together to make a deal. :(

Cheers

harleyhouse

Not realy modified Just rebuilt for fun camping.
M101A2 Repainted to match my 2500HD Matching Chome 8 bolt GMC rims.
Umbrella mount tongue box, 30 gallon water tank with outside faucet. slide in counter space for cooking. Rear reciever for bike rack. Propane mount and custom tonneao cover.

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome trailer, harleyhouse. That is too cool.

I'll be modifying one of my M105A2 trailers soon; I'll be raising & enlarging the wheelwells to accept 395 Michelin XLs.

I've already posted photos of my modded M105A2 Quad Hauler in a couple of other threads...don't think anyone wants to see it here again (surge coupler in place of lunette ring, with 2-inch ball hitch for full hydraulic surge brakes; custom cut-down Deuce splash guards & mud flaps; 12V conversion with full LED light package for DOT compliance).

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M105A2_Trailer-Conversion_01y.jpg M105A2_Trailer-Conversion_01a.jpg

M105A2 with 2"-ball surge hitch and mudflaps, LED 12-volt lighting, retained stock 24-volt lighting as well.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
20130301_G506_Recovery_02.jpg 20130208_G506_Recovery_02a.jpg

Homemade trailer using various bits of FMV scraps. About to have the rear suspension removed & install a new very heavy duty walking-beam suspension & dually 17.5" wheels/tires using military walking beam, air-over-hydraulic brakes, ramps controlled by electric actuators.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks