• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cutting/Siping 11.00R20.00 NDT's

Br0nc0xrapt0r

I searched high and low and I cannot find anything on the sort. I really want at least an 11.00 tire so I can pick up some top end speed but I cannot seem to find a tire that will not cost my first born or less. The thought crossed my mind to run 11 NDT tires but cut the center rib every so often to improve the wet amd mud traction of the tire. Granted it will not behave as well as a 395 or even a G177 but the goal is more top speed and perform better than the standard NDT. I know all about ballancing big nasty tires, I use balancing media in the tires on my rock crawler. I also know that these tires we never meant to go highway speeds. I just want to go 55 without killing the multi.

Any input would be appreciated

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Glen, 91W350, has them in Salina, KS. I've seen several other people here and there with them for that price also. Glen is a good guys to deal with.

Br0nc0xrapt0r

This is the closest thing I have found and I am NOT looking to take that much lol. I just want to take a bit out of the center rib and maybe sipe "spelling?" the outer lugs for traction in slipery or icy conditions.

Attachments

Jeepsinker

The tie you have pictured is the tire I was talking about. The siping is very small from the factory. I would say go for it, but I wouldn't cut that much out either. You won't be able to use balance media with the tubes though.

Br0nc0xrapt0r

Well considering the lack of info on the subject I suppose I can groove the stock 9.00 20 tires I plan to replace. If it's a failure then I guess I am not out that much,

Jeepsinker

Keep in mind that if you do go super singles and you ever get a flat, you will be changing a very heavy tire right there on the spot. Not so with duals. I know that isn't the subject here, but been there, done that. Keeping my duals.

Br0nc0xrapt0r

Yes you have a very valid point there, I don't like changing the 37"s on my bronco lol. Hopefully if it does happen I am close to home so i can use the bucket on the tractor.

Br0nc0xrapt0r

I wasnt rich enough this auction, maybe next time. But if I dont get any I will get an iron and do it like that. I agree, not too deep. If it works well then I can try the 11's like you said.

welldigger

Keep in mind that if you do go super singles and you ever get a flat, you will be changing a very heavy tire right there on the spot. Not so with duals. I know that isn't the subject here, but been there, done that. Keeping my duals.
This is literally not as big of a deal as people seem to think. The 395s are something like 18ply? Having a flat is no more likely than on your everyday driver. On top of that a 395 will fit in the spare tire location with some modification.

I also find them easier to mount on the truck than a 9.00-20 ndcc. Once you stand them up they stay upright on their own. Carry a pry bar in your tool kit to help walk and lift the tire to the lug bolts and your golden.

Jeepsinker

Roger that, bear in mind that the only experience I have changing super singles is with the 14.00 tires on 5 tons. I still don't like losing the ability to get to a safe area before having to stop for he tire change, but that is my preference. Ymmv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks