• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cutting/Siping 11.00R20.00 NDT's

welldigger

Roger that, bear in mind that the only experience I have changing super singles is with the 14.00 tires on 5 tons. I still don't like losing the ability to get to a safe area before having to stop for he tire change, but that is my preference. Ymmv
The 14.00-20s with a run flat can be a bear. A 16.00 is a real pita. I will say this. Run flats are wonderful until you actually use one due to a flat. They will save your wheel but eat the inside of the tire to crap.

Br0nc0xrapt0r

The 14.00-20s with a run flat can be a bear. A 16.00 is a real pita. I will say this. Run flats are wonderful until you actually use one due to a flat. They will save your wheel but eat the inside of the tire to crap.
VERIFIED!

How fast do you guys think a deuce can go on 11.00R20 tires?

welldigger

I could do 53 on 9.00-20's at about 2450 rpm in 5th gear. I can now do 62 mph at 2450. If I wound it fully out to 2550/2600 it would probably run at 65ish.

Jeepsinker

So I'm going to be luck to see 60 running up on the red line with 11.00s then. That's fine, I really only wanted to drop my rpm to be more comfortable and get some better mileage running around 50 or so. I only run around 45 mph or so lately. Get much better fuel economy at 45 mph than 50. Almost double actually!

welldigger

I run mine at 2400 rpm all day long. Of course mine has been getting great milage sitting in the driveway for the last couple of months. Still working on that stupid alternater. Between weather and me being sick I haven't gotten squat done.

11.00-20s should get you comfortably cruising at 55ish I would think.

ducer

I've grooved my 900x20s and it makes a big difference on wet or snowy roads. It is a lot of work about 1 hr. per tire. For me though the work ended up to be worth it in my opinion. I used an Ideal tire groover with a #3 headand blade.

Denny

Jeepsinker

I run mine at 2400 rpm all day long. Of course mine has been getting great milage sitting in the driveway for the last couple of months. Still working on that stupid alternater. Between weather and me being sick I haven't gotten squat done.

11.00-20s should get you comfortably cruising at 55ish I would think.
Dude, what's wrong with your alternator? You need me to grab you a reman unit locally and bring it to you?

welldigger

It died.Going civy. I have no desire to have a presolite or s.a.w. Gen on my truck. I appreciate the offer though man.

Br0nc0xrapt0r

I've grooved my 900x20s and it makes a big difference on wet or snowy roads. It is a lot of work about 1 hr. per tire. For me though the work ended up to be worth it in my opinion. I used an Ideal tire groover with a #3 headand blade.

Denny
Can you put up a pic? Thank you for the real world feedback

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks