• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CV10516 CUCV Door Number / Reg Number Decoding?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
My oddball CV10516 came to me secondhand from a fellow who got it surplus from the Navy. It is an odd truck having a 700R4 and 24 volt inverter. The door has the numbers "94-33916" on it, can this be decoded to tell me where the truck was used like on my M51A2? Curious this same number is also the registration number.

Attachments

Jeepadict

Is this a K5 type CUCV? That seems to me to be a standard issue GM model number for the platform. GM has most-always used a 5 digit model number for their internal cataloging system. Each body, chassis, drive, and GVW series had a specific number not unlike a VIN which was a US standardized decodable sequential serial number. View attachment 1991-Chevrolet-Blazer.pdf

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
It is, it is just weird as it has a 24 volt converter for radio gear, 700r4 and emerald green paint instead of carc.

Jeepadict

The boys might correct me, but it sounds to me like it's a government purchase civvy K5 Blazer instead of a CUCV and they added the converter since there's only the single voltage electrical system.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NDT

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
94-33916 is correct for that weight of truck in Navy reg numbers. Oddly, they assigned it a CUCV NSN. SInce 86 was the last big production year with a small number of 87 trucks produced, yes it's a civy truck. The V in the VIN number denotes this. None the less, a super cool truck.