• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CV10516 CUCV Door Number / Reg Number Decoding?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
My oddball CV10516 came to me secondhand from a fellow who got it surplus from the Navy. It is an odd truck having a 700R4 and 24 volt inverter. The door has the numbers "94-33916" on it, can this be decoded to tell me where the truck was used like on my M51A2? Curious this same number is also the registration number.

Attachments

Jeepadict

Is this a K5 type CUCV? That seems to me to be a standard issue GM model number for the platform. GM has most-always used a 5 digit model number for their internal cataloging system. Each body, chassis, drive, and GVW series had a specific number not unlike a VIN which was a US standardized decodable sequential serial number. View attachment 1991-Chevrolet-Blazer.pdf

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
It is, it is just weird as it has a 24 volt converter for radio gear, 700r4 and emerald green paint instead of carc.

Jeepadict

The boys might correct me, but it sounds to me like it's a government purchase civvy K5 Blazer instead of a CUCV and they added the converter since there's only the single voltage electrical system.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NDT

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
94-33916 is correct for that weight of truck in Navy reg numbers. Oddly, they assigned it a CUCV NSN. SInce 86 was the last big production year with a small number of 87 trucks produced, yes it's a civy truck. The V in the VIN number denotes this. None the less, a super cool truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks