• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dan's M1081 Pick-up and Build

DanM7890

I took the solenoid to work to bench test it with our automation tech. Hooked up power (24vdc) and ground and checked continuity over the big terminals and its working properly. When I get home later ill try connecting the two big wires and see if something happens.

DanM7890

Does the truck crank when you jump the 2 big terminals on the relay? When you push the start button do you have voltage going to the relay coil?

It will crank when it's jumped. I will check the next couple things and report back.

I rechecked the coil with button pressed and I'm not seeing anything.

Last edited:

DanM7890

Following the TM 20-1 I am now check resistance on K24 relay and have found it to be a little low.

I jumped ahead and didn't need to test the relay anyway.

Attachments

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Do you have 24v at the fuel solenoid with the dash switch on? Is there fuel in the tank. There is a primer pump on the filter housing over the starter. Make sure there is 24v at the fuel solenoid. Pump primer, jump relay crank and pump more. See if it will run.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have 24v at the fuel solenoid with the dash switch on? Is there fuel in the tank. There is a primer pump on the filter housing over the starter. Make sure there is 24v at the fuel solenoid. Pump primer, jump relay crank and pump more. See if it will run.
If you have lost fuel prime and need to pump that button on the water separator, keep pumping until it gets tight and then pump it at least 10 more times just to be sure.

DanM7890

Ill try this after work today. The Draft is tonight and I won't be missing that being an OSU fan so Ill try again after work and with your recommendations to get it running.

I do know there's fuel in the tank because I topped it off with fresh diesel.

DanM7890

Ran into another problem. I primed it by pressing the button until stiff, then a couple extra. The line you see in the picture leaks diesel under the pressure. If you look close you can see the fuel line looks dry rotted almost.

image.jpg

Attachments

Johno176

When I got my truck it had a burst return fuel line. Took both lines off and had them made up at my local Parker store. Cost me about $75. I would replace them both.

DanM7890

I finally got around to getting the fuel lines replaced. I replaced all three lines. Two longer lines going to the tank and the short intermediate one. All in was just $114 at the Parker store and they took 10min to get them knocked out for me. I have had no time to continue with the electrical issues because I've been so busy with other items. I also need to source some new u-joints if anyone has a PN for me. Hopefully a local item.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks