• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Darrell Braun FANSITE!! HAHAHA

dm22630

Shoot, it's possible i've talked to him before :!:. There has to be some way to log his IP address, then block that address for good. If he's as broke as it sounds, then he's probably only using a handful of computers anyway.

If he lives in a trailer/mobile home, it could always be "repo'ed" to cover lost monies. :twisted:
He uses a cell phone wireless card (like through sprint, at&t, verizon, etc).....the IP changes each time he logs in.

He sat in my driveway on his laptop & was surfing the internet w/that card.

drdstny

Banned
Shoot, it's possible i've talked to him before :!:. There has to be some way to log his IP address, then block that address for good. :twisted:
You assume he has a static IP address, which 95% of people do NOT have. Alternately, you assume he's incapable of using a computer with a dynamic IP address, which 95% of people DO have.

Wireless cards, Star*ucks, public WiFi hotspots and so forth aren't capable of doling out statics.

Hey, here's an idea: let's go ahead and talk about all the ways to catch him and all the things we're considering and all the data we have on him so he can continue to polish his image. Let's all help him out with that.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Do you have a positive comment to make about anything anyone says or tries to do drdstny?
Maybe it's just me...if so I apoligize up front...but it seems as you said before...you just "lurk around"...then jump in and make a few slams...then go back to lurking til next time.

This has been a serious problem and some folks have lost equipment and even money that I'm sure they needed.

Can we post on here without being sarcastic or accusing etc?

Last edited:

Westex

Using an internet website to perpetuate fraud is wire fraud. Cybercrime. Federal Felony. This Darrell guy is using up too many resources on this site. And the white bunny thing doesn't work, either.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using an internet website to perpetuate fraud is wire fraud. Cybercrime. Federal Felony.
Makes you wonder why nobody has been able to make anything stick yet?

I tend to think either nobody is pressing the matter enough or the authorities really don't care.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I JOINED THIS SITE specifically to alert people about Darrell Braun, and I got shunned. I wasted dozens of emails, posts and PMs warning people about this PRICK back in 2007!!
I'm confused. Your profile says you joined in Jan 2009.

I'm not calling you out or anything. I'm just wondering why the dates don't match. Did you used to have another username?

Westex

Hard to make a Federal charge stick. But then again, this guy has stuck alot of people for alot of $, according to everyone; that is what is wrong. You can't smooth that over. I'ts just plain wrong. Looking at the post by the white bunny above, perhaps more study is needed. It's just that this thread (IMHO) needs to move in a positive direction. Toward resolution. Toward Judicial finality.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, at the time I told you he wasn't, I didn't know he was. The best thing people can do is get his picture out. That way we can know who we are dealing with. I don't remember picking up any trucks for anyone other than myself. If you think I was helping him I am sorry. You have my number if I need to answer any questions, please feel free to use it. I picked up your rims for you and made sure they stayed in a safe place. If I have upset you, I think you owe me a call to tell me so. The ONLY thing I have not done for you was get the "correct" pins for that tow bar, and that is because I am still looking for them. If you have decided to stop waiting, I will be happy to send ones that will work fine(just are not "correct"). Your post seemed to indicate you are mad at me for some reason. I am sorry if you are. I would love to talk to you and set whatever record streight if I need to. If you are not mad at me, cool beans.

drdstny

Banned
I'm confused. Your profile says you joined in Jan 2009.

I'm not calling you out or anything. I'm just wondering why the dates don't match. Did you used to have another username?
Fair question, gladly answered.

Loooong time ago, Chris had a mailing list that I was on. I had an email address there and participated. 2001, I bought a big modern 8x8 and re-joined Steelsoldiers.com with a username that I am ashamed to admit was a bit too revealing.

January 2009 (I stipulate) I created a new username so I could retain a sense of privacy while dealing with the flack that had been going on the year prior.

We're both correct. No harm, no foul.

And, yeah, Westex, I'd like it to go in a positive direction too. I'm definitely not opposed. I guess I just have a unique "SS.com" form of PTSD that has me freaking out every time I hear the words "Darrell Braun."

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
First of all...I can't see your attitude...that's in your head. Your behaviour is what I asked about.

I just questioned your jumping in and out and being so sarcastic with EVERYONE.

I you have an issue with someone on the site...address it in a PM.

If you have an issue with a mod or the site address it to them. If it can't be resolved, your options are clear to me.

You said you don't care what I think so don't bother replying if you do not care to, doesn't matter to me.
I'm just trying to say to you that whatever happened before happened and being sarcastic and argumentative is probably not going to get you anywhere this time.

Whatever STFU, GBTW means...thank you...and same to you Sir

Last edited:

drdstny

Banned
I would love to talk to you and set whatever record streight if I need to. If you are not mad at me, cool beans.

No, no no no no! Please read it again. I am NOT mad at you, I'm happy with the towbar, I'm pleased as punch with my dealings with you EXCEPT that I asked you directly if you were SURE the guy we were talking about wasn't Darrell Braun. That's it. I got over it. I only cite it to show backstory, because I just got accused of dropping in suddenly to spew filth and discord.

And you've forgotten the "M817" in Detroit that you and oilcan and westfolk helped me get, but I have not. Just this morning, Captain and I tried to move it with my crappy forklift and did wheelies.

In my book, you are one of the good guys.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just don't get why none of the people who are out alot of money don't pay him a visit with the local PD and get your stuff back? I know it would only take me being shorted a little $$ and I'd be taking a trip to OH to fix it. I'm one of the people that would spend $500 to get my $100 back.:roll:

Reactions: DUG

drdstny

Banned
I just don't get why none of the people who are out alot of money don't pay him a visit with the local PD and get your stuff back? I know it would only take me being shorted a little $$ and I'd be taking a trip to OH to fix it. I'm one of the people that would spend $500 to get my $100 back.:roll:
There's a LOT more to it than that. Unfortunately, answering your question here empowers the perpetrator.

ida34

I am not trying to jump on you drdstny but the way I read your post about gimpy had my ready to write a rebuttal without checking the rest of the thread. I pick my words very carefully when posting as the internet lacks the other 90% of the clues we give off in person to let someone know what we are thinking or feeling. That said I took your long post about gimpy as an attack. It seems you did not mean it as you posted that you were happy with him. I can tell you if he knew it was DB when he spoke to you he would have told you. You do not know me and I do not know you but for what it is worth I have never ever seen gimpy do anything but go out of his way to help people. Not the DB way either. Gimpy does it because he is a good person not a bad person trying to get in good graces today to pound you in the rear later. Trust me, he did not know it was DB when you asked.

I do understand your frustration with outing "craig" but what if "craig" was not DB. Innocent until proven guilty. When their was proof that "craig" was DB the mods worked quick to ban him. I do not fault any of them for wanting to get verify info. I have a friend that had been trying to sign up for a few months and could not because of this DB situation. I have not doubt you knew in your heart it was DB and you were obviously right but every time we revisit this situation you have to come out saying the same thing again and it turns out to be a flame fest. If I remember the situation correctly your help was a big part in getting "craig" busted. I appreciate your help in this but my impression of you by your posts thus far is that you are stuck on this topic and this topic alone. I don't know, I no longer read all the posts everyday so I might be wrong.

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fair question, gladly answered.

Loooong time ago, Chris had a mailing list that I was on. I had an email address there and participated. 2001, I bought a big modern 8x8 and re-joined Steelsoldiers.com with a username that I am ashamed to admit was a bit too revealing.

January 2009 (I stipulate) I created a new username so I could retain a sense of privacy while dealing with the flack that had been going on the year prior.

We're both correct. No harm, no foul.
As usual, you go flying off the handle when someone posts about Darrell. I just deleted your huge post with all of the baseless accusations about SS admin/mods covering for DB. That couldn't be further from the truth and we've talked about that before. Mods/Admin have never covered for Darrell Braun and never will. If you make that accusation again, then I will cheerfully ban you. I am not going to sit idly by while someone disparages what I worked so hard to create over the last 10 years. We get it, you got ripped off, you're ashamed and you want to project all of that self-loathing on a website. That's great, but do it somewhere else if you can't keep your facts straight about my website's involvement.

You admitted to us previously that you led a witch hunt against another member who turned out NOT to be Darrell Braun. That is the kind of stuff that I am trying to avoid. We don't want good, law-abiding members to be painted as crooks by some hyper-paranoid member like yourself. So, unless you have anything else meaningful to add with actual substantiated facts to back them up, I suggest you go cool off somewhere and keep your conspiracy theories about my website to yourself.

Oh, by the way, I never owned/operated a mailing list. I have only used forum-based software on Steel Soldiers since its inception. Please check your facts on that too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks