• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash panel light ideas

eagle4g63

I know, I have to remember where I saw the clear ones.....as I figure you are talking about ebay, where you saw yours. As I recall you can not post a direct link to an auction, but you can say you found them on"______"

I posted that link cause I saw slotman asked about the blue.

eagle4g63

No problems, didn't think you were being "harsh" at all. It did help "clear" :lol: things up a little about what colors, I didn't think about putting what colors they had in my first post....would have been nice.

Darwin T

here is the post where i put all LED's in my M109a3. there are several sites that sell the LED bulbs. if you have the bulb number search yahoo, google or what ever you use for LED replacement then the numbers. i think i started on a site that was on the top of the SS main page. the place i used had red, green, yellow and white i beleive. i just bought all white and used different caps that way i any bulb can go any where. i am redoing my dash now and will be ordering more soon. i am trying something one of the guys on here suggested, paint the back of the dash panel white (i went with rustoleum glossy white) and an extra dash panel light. the 3 in the middle will be dash lights. the short bulb in the 3rd picture is for the turn signal.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/76024-my-m109a3-going-100-led.html

Attachments

jwaller

when the hmmwv's dash gets led's at the factory the lens covers are a very light shade of green. anything darker and they can't be seen. Led's aren't necessarily brighter they are just clearer.

steelandcanvas

i am trying something one of the guys on here suggested, paint the back of the dash panel white (i went with rustoleum glossy white) and an extra dash panel light. the 3 in the middle will be dash lights. the short bulb in the 3rd picture is for the turn signal.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/76024-my-m109a3-going-100-led.html
Darwin: That may have been me that suggested the white paint. I have done mine and really noticed a difference with stock lamps and covers. It also lights up the cab floor real nice.

ARYankee

I vouch for Sam. I saw how it looks and it is a huge difference. Here is some info : M998A1 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER LENS LIGHT 12339203-1 NOS US PART NUMBER - 12339203-1
NSN - 6220-01-429-4596