• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dayton Quaker Steak and Lube Events (2013)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay. The Thank You Foundation has two events scheduled in May and Sept. that they would like to have a few trucks for.

May 30th 5PM at the Quaker Steak and Lube on Colonel Glenn Highway. Miss Ohio 2012 will be there as well as a parachute team weather permitting. Team Fastrax

http://www.teamfastrax.com/

Sept 12 5PM at the Quaker Steak and Lube on Colonel Glenn Highway. Miss Ohio 2013 will be there (unless Miss America really moves back to Atlantic City that week) as well as a parachute team weather permitting. Team Fastrax

http://www.thethankyoufoundation.org/

The more trucks the merrier and it is a fundraiser for TTYF.

The other thread where people wanted something to do in Dayton:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...OH-Looking-for-local-MV-Guys/page2&highlight=

jw4x4

I intend on being there, but not sure I can get there by 5pm. That's a Thursday. Sounds like a good day to drive the large car to work, quick change of clothes, and head to QSL. Somebody same me a spot so I don't end up parking @ Home Depot.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holly said she would have them rope off an area for us. QSL management is on board with all this so it isn't like we are going in blind.
:)

rrepik

I might be able to make the may and sept events if they are on thursday nights. I run a civilian marksmanship gun club on wednesday nights in xenia. My truck might even be green by then. lol

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alas my oldest brother is moving from OH to FL and I will be moving him. Maybe he will move in May.

EWhytsell

We used to have a very active QS&L here on Columbus, now they pretty much have bike night weekly and thats about it. I wish they'd bring back truck night.

3dAngus

Also, Steve's wife, resurrected the ability to make a donation via paypal. This is top notch! I don't have to give out my credit card info to another organization now.

I LOVE it! Steve, please be sure to pass on my congratulations to your wife for returning paypal donations back to the table on the "Thank You Foundation".

They would not have gotten my money without it. She's the BEST!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife tells me the QSL tells her we can park in front or back or on the grass if we want to. I did mention that if the ground is soft that would not be a good idea.

I'll order some more rattle cans to get the 813 looking a little better.

jw4x4

My wife tells me the QSL tells her we can park in front or back or on the grass if we want to. I did mention that if the ground is soft that would not be a good idea.

I'll order some more rattle cans to get the 813 looking a little better.
I think the grass would be a good place for a couple of shade canopies. If Auggie parks his T-72M1 in the grass, I hope Home Depot has enough bags of topsoil and grass seed to repair the yard job.