• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DB2 Injection Pump Rod With Spring??

m1010freedom

Where does this go ?? Just got my injection pump rebuilt and it came back with two pieces in a plastic bag... Not to sure why they didn't just put it together like i sent it in to them but it is what it is.

Can someone help me out and let me know where this is supposed to go ?

Chaski

They removed and bagged it so it wouldn't get lost, there is no retainer for it. Before you install the pump put that pin and spring in the end of the input shaft.

m1010freedom

Is it possible to put it in after i installed it?? Because everything is already installed..... I tried putting it in front of the nipple where i attach the fuel line to coming off of fuel filter and it wouldn't go in. Is that where it goes? I did it spring first. Doesn't look like it would ever fit in there.

79JEEPCJ

It goes in the front of the pump, you have to put it in before installing the pump. Like Barrman wrote in pushes against the timing cover.

acesneights1

Is there a reason i cant just pull the oil fill tube and then push it straight in from there?? :(
Yes the reason it is not possible. It fits very snug in the pump and sits lower than the access hole. It will cause a premature IP failure if not installed.
sorry, not what you wanna hear but you gotta do the job again.
It's a mistake I have made myself and one I don't make again...��
I just did an IP job twice yesterday(first IP was junk).
everything should be clean so two hours max I would think to yank it again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks