• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dec 19 medical run

dittle

You can definately tell you've been pushing snow with the front axels. How deep was the deepest stuff you went through (best guess of course)? Its just great you're doing this out there. Was telling the wife it would be awesome if you would have made it on TV as all of the big stations are out there doing live broadcasts.

dk8019

John,

I'm often down in your neck of the woods, close to Winchester. I have some friends down there, sounds like lots of fun!

I was wondering if you lowered the PSI on the tires before starting out, and if not, can anyone comment on this and the effect it has?

johnfrombeyond

I have read a lot of posts on here about NDT's not being good in the snow, and lowering pressures, I run stock NDT and did not lower the air pressure, had no problems running between 25-35 MPH.

jollyroger

What a great story. This is the side of all of us that most people don't see and really don't understand. Not only is it a good feeling but it is exciting to see what the deuce will do. A big thumbs up to you brother.

I don't care who you are and where you are from, if you get 24 inches of snow in a 24-48 hour period it's a lot of snow. Then there are the drifts you have to deal with. It amazes me how most people are just totally unprepared for these eventualities. If you have a deuce you are prepared for almost anything.:grin: