Decision on a knuckle boom crane.

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

DB556

NICE!

Do both outlets come straight out on the intercooler (can't really tell from the pic)? If so the Dodge Cummins truck guys will buy that from you. My intercooler and radiator are from a UPS Freightliner day cab (FL70?) and is nice and narrow for my M135 and should work great in your truck (measurements are either on my thread or youtube channel).

Is your flywheel housing adapter SAE2 or 3? If you are still shopping for transmisions I suggest the FSO8406 OD same case as my FSO6406, but built for higher torque which will equate to a longer life...well worth the extra $$ and unless its a wrecking yard most guys don't know its worth more.

When looking for an air compressor get it complete with brackets....the brackets have been a trouble for me I should have gotten a single cylinder one instead of a Bendix dual cylinder. Hope this helps.
The outlets come out at a slight angle.

I'll look for the parts from the FL70 I'm going to a truck wrecking yard friday.

Its a SAE #2 I was thinking about the FSO6406 I'm thinking it should hold up to the 5.9 I'm not going to turn it up to much.

I found a guy on facebook marketplace that had a bendix 550, with a power steering pump on it from a 5.9 only thing I'll have to think about its this bellhousing has a driver side starter so I'll have see if it will fit.

gentrysgarage

OK if getting another flywheel housing my suggestion is 10-11 oclock position (passenger side of course) They are more readily avaiable new, but in cast iron though. Your flywheel housing motor mounts will be SUPER easy. That being said, I think you might just have enough room the back of the 550 is about 3/4s of the 4 regular truck motor mount/medium duty air compressor mount mount location.

If you want to sell the power steering pump and adapter you have once you have an air compressor let me know, I am trying to get a second setup going.

Lastly, If i could get you to ask the 550 compressor guy and the wrecking yard if they have mounting brackets they would sell I would greatly appreciate it.

DB556

I finally was able to get to the guy with the bendix 550, so many days of schedule conflicts.
I put a 550 on my multifuel for more compressed air, and wow this is heavier than even the other 550! (I mean it does have a
Now I'll have to make up a oil return line/bung and weld it to the oil pan. But there is just enough room to have this pump and the driver side starter, That how the pump/starter was on the engine it came off of. The guy also got me a rear drive shaft, hopefully I can cut it down and used it.
Now he had the power steering from the ford f700 and I thought about swapping it in but after measuring it, it was just too big.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks