• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decode A3 Axle Tag

I thought you said in your other thread that 505490 was the serial number ?

That would have to make it a 1999 . . . I believe.

All the monkeying with titling and registering these trucks is what is creating many of the issues in some states.
VIN# : Correct.
1999 : I just was trying to confirm that with real facts. So when I do go to the DMV I do it right the first time.

As stated in the initial post, I'm a rookie to this and want to learn as much as possible from the knowledgeable folks here.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/65890-last-deuces-service.html

Check this out for the last deuces (highest serial #'s). The A3wo/w was sold out of Puerto Rico BTW. (the Army has it listed as a 2001)
I did read your post months ago. Agree with the Duece's out of PR. I guess I was off a few on the number, but I distinctly remember them going up on GL at the end of last year. There were several with the 50551x number. I remember they said they had no fluids in them. I found that kind of odd. Regarding the year, that is interesting. There seems to be a big gap in year from a small increment in number. Mine 505490 as a 1999 and twenty five later being a 2001. It would be great to know how the production was ramped down as well as what the # is for the last one off the line.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did read your post months ago. Agree with the Duece's out of PR. I guess I was off a few on the number, but I distinctly remember them going up on GL at the end of last year. There were several with the 50551x number. I remember they said they had no fluids in them. I found that kind of odd. Regarding the year, that is interesting. There seems to be a big gap in year from a small increment in number. Mine 505490 as a 1999 and twenty five later being a 2001. It would be great to know how the production was ramped down as well as what the # is for the last one off the line.
Well if you look at the numbers, one was 1968. I bet 2001 is wrong as well. Actually the no fluids is required-you can see how well that is followed!