• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

Andrmorr

1 M930, 1 Driver & 1 Co-driver...

I'm bringing some firewood to the Rallye for the firepits...

Is there anything we can bring to help you out?

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be coming down from Spencer on Friday night directly to wheelspinners. So please pm me your address and what time I should be there.
Done. I would guess eats will be at around 5, as we are leaving DFP at 4:00

1M930, 1 Driver & 1 Co-driver...

I'm bringing some firewood to the Rallye for the firepits...

Is there anything we can bring to help you out?
We have lots of food, but if anyone wants to bring coolers with drinks, that would be OK. Blake and I discussed Iced Tea, but it would prob be easiest if folks bring their drink of choice.

wilfreeman

Done. I would guess eats will be at around 5, as we are leaving DFP at 4:00

We have lots of food, but if anyone wants to bring coolers with drinks, that would be OK. Blake and I discussed Iced Tea, but it would prob be easiest if folks bring their drink of choice.
Use common sense on WHICH beverage though - since we will be driving and in the public's eye.

CGarbee

I had a question offline about mealtimes at the MKT... Currently, I am thinking that Breakfast will be from 0800-0900, Lunch from 1200-1300, and Supper from 1900-2000...
I can shift these if the masses wish... ;)

Saturday supper will be the shrimp boil.

Keep in mind that I actually need folks to commit to eating at the MKT for me to go to the trouble to stock it, hitch it up to the cargo truck, haul it over to Denton, ect...
You don't have to pay in advance (cash at the MKT is good...), but I do need to know whom I am going to be cooking for.

Thanks,

wilfreeman

In other words, Cabell needs more than a handful of people saying they are eating. Post up folks, or we will be eating MREs! 8 meals for $40 - can't get that kind of deal in town.

Cabell, if you don't get the #s you need, don't feel obligated to provide for a handful of us, just let us know so that we can make other arrangements.

Another Ahab

You don't have to pay in advance (cash at the MKT is good...), but I do need to know whom I am going to be cooking for.
The chow sounds so good, and the drive is a little long:

- But thinking I might make an order to-go (if I knew how).

salivating.jpg

Last edited:

Andrmorr

The chow sounds so good, and the drive is little long:

- But thinking I might make an order to-go (if I knew how).

View attachment 549674

Ahab, you can ride with me...I'm at the State Dept Mon-Thurs and stay close to the Iwo Jima Monument...
then go home to NC leaving DC Thurs at noon, that get's me to Burlington at 5:30ish depending on traffic. Denton is only 30 miles further so I could drop you off...I'll be headed back to Arlington Sunday afternoon...

Another Ahab

Ahab, you can ride with me...I'm at the State Dept Mon-Thurs and stay close to the Iwo Jima Monument...
then go home to NC leaving DC Thurs at noon, that get's me to Burlington at 5:30ish depending on traffic. Denton is only 30 miles further so I could drop you off...I'll be headed back to Arlington Sunday afternoon...
Thanks, Andrmorr; PM coming your way.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a question offline about mealtimes at the MKT... Currently, I am thinking that Breakfast will be from 0800-0900, Lunch from 1200-1300, and Supper from 1900-2000...
I can shift these if the masses wish... ;)

Keep in mind that I actually need folks to commit to eating at the MKT for me to go to the trouble to stock it, hitch it up to the cargo truck, haul it over to Denton, ect...

Thanks,
I am in for all meals except Friday dinner. I hope you can possibly make it up to my place for BBQ on Friday, you are certainly invited. Really Really looking forward to the shrimp boil !

ranger.41

WheelSpinner,
I drove the convoy route. It is 30.8 miles at 45 -50 mph it took 45 minutes one way.
You can count me in on friday night.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm making the commitment that Jeep or Not, I will be there Friday through Sunday. All meals included.

wilfreeman

I'm making the commitment that Jeep or Not, I will be there Friday through Sunday. All meals included.
Go ahead and bring your Jeep - whether you drive it around or not - Static displays are welcome too!

Same goes for you Don - I hope you bring yours even though it is modified. Actually, I think it would be a good display of what can be done with a military vehicle - either make them a daily driver, modified trail vehicle, or a starting point for a restoration. That goes for anybody with a military vehicle - bring what you have (straight out of the barn/field, restored show truck, or anything in between)!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go ahead and bring your Jeep - whether you drive it around or not - Static displays are welcome too!

Same goes for you Don - I hope you bring yours even though it is modified. Actually, I think it would be a good display of what can be done with a military vehicle - either make them a daily driver, modified trail vehicle, or a starting point for a restoration. That goes for anybody with a military vehicle - bring what you have (straight out of the barn/field, restored show truck, or anything in between)!
HAha, if it ain't working, I'm wandering around to find help to get it working! I'm actually headed to "the shop" where it's stored right now, see if I can figure out if I need to rebend stuff or if I'm just missing a part.

michigandon

Oh, I definitely hope to bring it. Although I've got a gut feeling that I may end up driving Pats 923 back down there instead.

Don't worry, you'll certainly see it at Durhamtown this fall!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks