• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

Andrmorr

I just won seven 5 ton battery boxes in Groveport, OH...is anyone who is coming to the Denton Rallye nearby Groveport or already picking up from Groveport? I would make it worth your while to bring the boxes to Denton with you...

Who else in SS is near Groveport that picks up items?

CGarbee

OK, folks, this is what I am thinking about for food...
I am planning on arriving on Thursday night, but based on past years, doing food right after I arrive (especially given that I have to work that day) isn't a good idea.
We'll start the food on Friday morning...

I have two different menu thoughts for Saturday, post here and let me know what you want.... I am only going to do one supper, but could do either one.

Denton MV Gathering Menu 2015

Friday morning
eggs (scrambled/fried)
grits
biscuits
sausage
coffee

Friday lunch
hotdogs
assorted chips
salad
assorted condiments
lemonade/iced tea

Friday supper
I understand that a Convoy to offsite location for BBQ is planned.
If interested, folks not going on the convoy should contact me for an alternate (I may or may not go on the convoy depending on if or how many folks stay in camp...).

Saturday morning
eggs (scrambled/fried)
oatmeal
bacon
french toast
coffee

Saturday lunch
cheeseburgers
assorted chips
salad
assorted condiments
lemonade/iced tea

Saturday supper
seafood boil
(shrimp, potatoes, corn, suasage, etc)
rolls
salad
lemonade/iced tea

Or
country style ribs
rice
carrots/celery/cabbage
corn/limas
lemonade/iced tea

Sunday morning
pancakes
eggs
grits
bacon/sausage
coffee

All meals, $40 per person
Kids too young to drive, half price
Yes, I'll do meals a-la-carte, contact me for individual meal pricing...

Post here or PM me directly to get on the food list.

Last edited:

michigandon

OK, folks, this is what I am thinking about for food...
I am planning on arriving on Thursday night, but based on past years, doing food right after I arrive (especially given that I have to work that day) isn't a good idea.
We'll start the food on Friday morning...

I have two different menu thoughts for Saturday, post here and let me know what you want.... I am only going to do one supper, but could do either one.

Denton MV Gathering Menu 2015

Friday morning
eggs (scrambled/fried)
grits
biscuits
sausage
coffee

Friday lunch
hotdogs
assorted chips
salad
assorted condiments
lemonade/iced tea

Friday supper
I understand that a Convoy to offsite location for BBQ is planned.
If interested, folks not going on the convoy should contact me for an alternate (I may or may not go on the convoy depending on if or how many folks stay in camp...).

Saturday morning
eggs (scrambled/fried)
oatmeal
bacon
french toast
coffee

Saturday lunch
cheeseburgers
assorted chips
salad
assorted condiments
lemonade/iced tea

Saturday supper
seafood boil
(shrimp, potatoes, corn, suasage, etc)
rolls
salad
lemonade/iced tea

Or
country style ribs
rice
carrots/celery/cabbage
corn/limas
lemonade/iced tea

Sunday morning
pancakes
eggs
grits
bacon/sausage
coffee

All meals, $40 per person
Kids too young to drive, half price
Yes, I'll do meals a-la-carte, contact me for individual meal pricing...

Post here or PM me directly to get on the food list.
All sounds good to me!

I personally would prefer the seafood boil for Saturday night (but I can live with either choice).

Don :mrgreen:

wilfreeman

I will be there before lunch Friday, so I'm in for almost all meals (except breakfast and dinner Friday). I'll eat whatever the majority wants. It will just be me this year as of now - will let you know ASAP if that changes.

As of now, the convoy is planned for 1600 depart, return around 1900. We will be having a driver meeting beforehand.

AMGeneral

Cabell,

I guess I will just be in for 2 for lunch only on Saturday.

As of right now,I may bring the Gama Goat,depending on how complete it is by then,and whether or not anyone wants the 5 ton bed I have listed in the classifieds.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As of now, the convoy is planned for 1600 depart, return around 1900. We will be having a driver meeting beforehand.
I need to try and hammer down the vehicle (and head) count. Not that stragglers aren't going to happen, but sure would like to have enough supplies.

Vehicle count is so I can discuss with local LEO regarding support or not. There is not really a "good" route that does not take us down main drag without adding significantly to the route and travel time. As long as we practice proper "no one left behind" etiquette we will be successful. Will and I will discuss at driver meeting. The driver meeting will be @ 3:40, depart at 4:00 sharp.

I will be back down all next week and plan to finalize with the plans.

For Sat: Shrimp boil would be my choice.

Ford Mechanic

I need to try and hammer down the vehicle (and head) count. Not that stragglers aren't going to happen, but sure would like to have enough supplies.

Vehicle count is so I can discuss with local LEO regarding support or not. There is not really a "good" route that does not take us down main drag without adding significantly to the route and travel time. As long as we practice proper "no one left behind" etiquette we will be successful. Will and I will discuss at driver meeting. The driver meeting will be @ 3:40, depart at 4:00 sharp.

I will be back down all next week and plan to finalize with the plans.

For Sat: Shrimp boil would be my choice.
Is the convoy/cookout Friday or Saturday?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks