• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

wilfreeman

Sorry to say I'm not gonna make it, remember you can't build a fire on the ground (buried water and electric) somebody needs to bring a fire pit or you guys will have to tell your lies, err stories, in the dark. I will be happy to send fire pit if someone is coming from north Ga. area?
Oh yeah, good point Mike - forgot about that rule! Does anybody have a fire pit they can bring? How about wood? I can get some scrap pine boards from a local pallet company if no one else has any laying around.

I will go back and tally up after a bit. Looks like a good time so far.
It does seem to be coming together! I contacted my Michigan guys - he said that he couldn't get enough of his guys to commit to coming, so they were going to go to Findlay instead.

wilfreeman

We just can't build a fire on the ground - it has to be elevated because there are water and electric lines just below the surface. Really - not deep at all! Micro has a nice, heavy duty octagon fire pit with stars laser cut in the sides that he brings to the show/rallies that works out really well. I thought I had a pic from the other year but can't find it.

Last edited:
I have a firepit I made that I will bring--I also have a 2nd firepit I will try to finish it up and bring it (because I want a firepit at MY campsite because with kids/dog I will likely hang out close to my camp). I still have some fabrication work to do on the 2nd firepit but maybe I can bring it and sell it to someone so I don't have to bring it home :)

I will be there Thursday at some point, I'm game for the BBQ convoy, as is a friend of mine (should be combined total of two trucks and 4 people)

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a firepit I made that I will bring--I also have a 2nd firepit I will try to finish it up and bring it (because I want a firepit at MY campsite because with kids/dog I will likely hang out close to my camp). I still have some fabrication work to do on the 2nd firepit but maybe I can bring it and sell it to someone so I don't have to bring it home :)

I will be there Thursday at some point, I'm game for the BBQ convoy, as is a friend of mine (should be combined total of two trucks and 4 people)
Glad to have you and welcome back.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we make it in on the 16th will there be anyone there at that time for layout directions? Would be wanting to set up in vendor area.

wilfreeman

You can set up on Thursday. There should be someone at the gate to direct you. A couple of years ago, there were some guys from Virginia that set up on the road going around the camping area. Last year CBR Metalworks set up AT his camping area and had plenty of business. I will see if I can find a map and mark it up for ya'll.

wilfreeman

Ok, here is a simple map - I had to make my own since they didn't have one available. It's a little busy, but you get the idea. I have the MKT marked with Steel Soldiers marked around it - you can camp anywhere that is circled, I was just marking areas that are usually occupied by us.

Denton Farmpark map.jpg

wilfreeman

Denton Farmpark
1072 Cranford Rd.
Denton, NC 27239

It's easier to come in off of Hwy 49 instead of going through Denton. Looking at the map, you turn on Gravel Hill rd, which turns into Cranford rd. The entrance will be on the left - has steam tractors on each side - can't miss it.

If the GPS takes you down Handy Rd, that will take you to the back gate, which is not manned. Handy road also ends at Hwy 49. You might want to check it out on the map in case you get turned around.

I won't say I sold a lot last year, I didn't really bring much, I'll have more this year but I still don't expect to sell much more than what people speak up and say they want ahead of time.

On a side note, who's up for helping to install A/C in Jim Henry's M915a1 over the few days? It is a pretty easy install, I told him I would install it for him during the rally (everything except charging it with Freon probably)

CBR, How long do you think it'll take?
Depends how hard we work on it, but I would let someone else install the compressor on the engine as that was easy (30min job), I will install the evaporator in the cab (maybe 1 hour job). Then all that is left is running hoses, he does not want the condenser mounted on the roof so I may just hold off on mounting the condenser until I can figure out a bracket to mount it behind the grille.

I told him I would install it for him and just figured since I would already be there it would be a good time to do it.