• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

Another Ahab

We can certainly do another convoy just because. The BBQ is kind of mine and Matts thing we wanted to do. It's not really part of the "official" happenings. It will be in Friday. I hope as many as possible can make it and I love convoys so we could do another one just to a good photo spot or something on Saturday but I really want and need to do the BBQ on Friday.

Excited! II.jpg

wilfreeman

Ahh... Sooo...Grasshoppa understand now.

If one drives a MV to the show, what is the correct procedure once arriving.
Is there a separate parking area or entrance...
Do we need to coordinate with POC ahead of time...
Is a military vehicle considered an exhibit which make the driver the exhibitor...
Sorry for the newby questions, just didn't want to muck things up upon arrival...
Once you turn onto the main road to Denton Farmpark, you will arrive a the main gate - someone should be manning the gate. He will direct you through the gate and to the left. We usually set the MKT up on or about the 3rd camping spot on the first road (I say first road because the main loop is really not counted). This spot will be reserved. You can camp anywhere you want (there are around 400 spots on the property), but the SS usually camp within walking distance of the MKT because thats where a lot of us sit around the fire at night and any other time and BS.

There is a separate entrance at the back and some GPS units will take you there - it will be closed. There is also a "general" parking area outside the gate and fence for the public when they arrive.

There's really no POC - I guess I would be one, Pat (wheelspinner) can be one, and if you arrange to eat at the MKT for the weekend, check in with Cabell at the MKT.

Remember, you must arrange your meals with Cabell if you plan on eating there - no walkups. He does this to minimize leftovers/waste and keep the price low for us. Which reminds me, I need to check in with him about posting a menu and taking names for meals.

Although "our" vehicles are considered exibits, we don't HAVE to display them in the field or set them up with all of the accessories unless you just want to. We portray ours as something we actually use and show people HOW they can be used for purposes other than re enactments and shows. We park in the camping area and we get as much or MORE traffic and conversation from them than the display pieces. Some of the smaller vehicles (mules, Jeeps and M37s) usually end up giving a few rides to old vets (something I enjoy) and some children. You don't have to stand around your vehicle all day long. Jim Henry's driver was giving rides in his halftrack last year also - which was kind of dangerous with all of the people walking around (my opinion).

No way to screw anything up - just come and enjoy. Plenty of stuff to look at and vendors to buy from. Maybe Jim Henry will be able to bring a LOT more stuff this year like he usually does - he was having some problems at the shop last year and didn't get the merchandise there in time.

Someone suggested Steel Soldiers name tags (with the Spade and Steel Soldiers banner) printed up for us, but have not been able to get permission to use the logo - I sent an email, but have not heard anything yet. Maybe I'll just do the plain white ones and you can WRITE Steel Soldiers, screen name and given name - what do you think?

Ford Mechanic

Sounds good to me! We'll be getting there Thursday night. It would be nice for those of us that only know each other by screen name, to be able to id each other easier.
Anyone else getting there Thursday?

wilfreeman

Sounds good to me! We'll be getting there Thursday night. It would be nice for those of us that only know each other by screen name, to be able to id each other easier.
Anyone else getting there Thursday?
That's what I was thinking with the name tags. I can remember faces, but forget names over a year's time!

Friday around lunch - good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Andrmorr

If we cant use the logo, what about a nametag with your avitar on the left side, screen name across the top right and given name below that...
Avitars are what we see everyday and will be more helpful than a name sometimes...

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would it be worthwhile to have a nametag for your vehicle? That way if you aren't nearby, if someone walks by they will know who's it is.

BELinNC

I will try to be there Friday in time for convoy and BBQ. Only have to decide now whether to strip loader bucket and backhoe off the SEE tractor to reveal its inner sports car (comparatively!) like last year or leave it kitted up and sloth like!
Ben

wilfreeman

Just as a reminder, we need a fairly accurate count on who will be attending the bbq. Pat, are you keeping a count? Hopefully the "maybes" can confirm before Blake buys supplies?

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry to say I'm not gonna make it, remember you can't build a fire on the ground (buried water and electric) somebody needs to bring a fire pit or you guys will have to tell your lies, err stories, in the dark. I will be happy to send fire pit if someone is coming from north Ga. area?

EWhytsell

Sorry to say I'm not gonna make it, remember you can't build a fire on the ground (buried water and electric) somebody needs to bring a fire pit or you guys will have to tell your lies, err stories, in the dark. I will be happy to send fire pit if someone is coming from north Ga. area?
Thats interesting. By fire pit do you mean a ring to contain fires or one of those things people put on patios?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks