• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

Andrmorr

Or get a truck that don't need tools lol
Trucks that don't need tools are called "Tonka"...My truck needed tools this weekend too...While I was headed to Denton, the CTIS dumped all of my tire pressure. I noticed the ride felt squishy all of a sudden and pulled over (since you can't see the front tires from the cab)...It's a good thing I did because the fronts were at about 15 psi while I was doing 50mph...I unhooked the CTIS and started the 2 hr process of airing the tires by hand...then slowly headed home on the back roads. I will be getting a screw-on air chuck! Hopefully next year will be different. Thanks for the pics you guys, they're fun to look at by those of us who didn't/couldn't make it...

wilfreeman

Got home in 2hrs flat - white knuckle, 50-60mph all the way. Rained off and on until I got to Monroe, when it started coming down a LOT harder. I got to Lancaster and the bottom dropped out! I guess I am glad that I only had 15 miles to drive in that! Did I mention that I HATE driving in the rain? I pushed on through it though. It was an adventure. Can't beat the electric w/s wipers - I would hate to have air wipers in that rain! Also, the defrost on the driver side sucks! The passenger side was clear.

Pulled in the drive and let it cool down for a few minutes. Pulled on the fuel shutoff, and IT WOULDN'T MOVE! WTH, it always pulled easily! Got on SS and searched for a few minutes because it was raining too hard to get out and look under the hood. Didn't really find anything in that amount of time. The rain slowed down, so I jumped out and looked under the hood. I took my Gerber multitool and tapped on the rod that the cable is attached to and it started moving. Went back in and it pulled out! What would cause this - prolonged WOT?

I really enjoyed the rally and convoy. Maybe we can get started early and plan a trail ride for a small group next year too. I talked to the owner of the Farmpark, and he said he appreciates everything that we can do to get people to attend, because he wants to do more stuff like this show. So maybe we can bump up attendance next year and keep growing this show. I didn't count vehicles this year, but there were definitely more Steel Soldiers there than MVPA or re-enactors combined! I know there were 14 that started the convoy, then a few more joined us at the BBQ.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got home right about 10am, the drive back was faster, even though I drove slower?! I dropped the trailer and headed over to the VFW to do some cleanup before the rain took hold. Managed to only get a few sprinkles on my way home.

I want to say a huge thanks to everyone who was there, I had an absolute blast (minus the Jeep fuel system). Just sitting around on SAt talking to people was probably the most relaxing thing I have done in a while. I managed to not think about job hunting, or the APT, or my half page long "to do" list. That was worth it if nothing else.

Big shoutout to Ranger.41 who helped me out to get the jeep going again, and after a few false starts, towed me back.

Got within 5 minutes of the farm park and the bottom blew off my air drier... would have been able to do the BBQ convoy but didn't get it fixed in time so we just drove the MVAN to Pat's. BBQ was great, thanks!

Made it back this morning without issue, about a 45 minute drive. Trails at Uwharrie might be tight for big trucks but I can talk to the owner of www.uortc.com and see if we could do a trail ride there (for next year)

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was nice to meet so many of the folks from the site here. The BBQ convoy was a lot of fun, and the food was awesome! I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Blake

I got home about an hour ago and managed to stay one step ahead of the rain the entire trip. No issues and ran great. Had a great time reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. Already looking forward to next year!

ranger.41

I had a great time at the Rally this year! It is always good to see new Green Iron.
It is nice to put names with faces!
Wheelspinner, the Convoy to your new house was great! thanks for letting me lead it.
Blake, the BBQ was also great!

BELinNC

Had a great time at the event. Thanks to Pat and his wife and other organizers of the convoy/BBQ. It was a great addition to the event. Hope that it can be part of the deal next year. Really nice place you are building! Butch, it was nice meeting you and exchanging unimog/SEE tractor hints and tricks. Thanks to CBR for hauling all of the gear there for sale. Happy with my new slave cable and other items. thanks to Jim for taking us over to his surplus yard for a tour/parts hunt. As a first time visitor that was like a whole separate show! Look forward to next year and seeing the event hopefully grow.
Ben LeFever aka BELinNC

michigandon

Enjoyed myself. The convoy to Pats place and back and Blakes cooking being the best part of the entire event. Can't thank you guys enough for that!

Also props to Ferro for the ride in his Hyrail truck and also to ranger.41 for helping me get loaded up and tied down this morning. The drive back to Yuckville was uneventful.

Sure hope we can manage to get some trail riding in someplace next year. If not at URE than the venue that CBR is suggesting sounds good too.

wilfreeman

Excellent show - still a little small, but we're getting there! With activities like the convoy/bbq, and maybe an organized and led trail ride, I don't see any reason for it NOT to grow over the next few years. I think the rain forecast kept attendance down this year, although the weather turned out pretty good in my opinion.
I would like to thank Pat for putting on the bbq, and of course Blake for getting up to start smoking the meat at 2am AND for driving 275 miles to do it! Good times/great food! Also, I think we all appreciated the donut delivery by Rich (ranger.41) on Saturday morning - man, that was good! Just like everyone else, it was nice to put more faces with the names and great to see old friends/make new ones! I'm glad everyone got home safe with no incidents. I am already looking forward to next year and seeing some of you in Georgia in October!

Dave M38A1

I always love this show. Maybe one year I'll get one of my vehicles running. Can't wait to get a jeep there. Great people, I saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones. Got to ride in some jeeps and trucks and really learned a lot. The engineering on those vehicles is fascinating. This show is close to home, talked with some great people, saw some really nice vehicles and just sat and relaxed talking with friends. What could be better. I hope this show continues to grow, you can always count me in. Looking forward to one day having a completed vehicle there.

Thanks to everyone,

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks