• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce a/c project

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
some had speculated that mounting an a/c compressor on the deuce would be rather difficult. almost finished, i can say that it was surprisingly simple. still need to make rear brace, but have template made so just have to shape the 5/16 plate and drill holes.

update, compressor finished, condenser mounted, evap in progress, hoses on tuesday.

tom

Attachments

Last edited:

Keith_J

Nice! What are the specifics? Aftermarket or stripped off of a factory setup?

All you need is dual channel ABS to make it perfect.

TexAndy

whoa, nice!

It's been in the mid to upper 100s here for the past couple months. Definitely need to know more about this.

Don't be bashful about updates. I want to see how effective it is.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
new SD508 compressor, $155
new condenser, $90
new evaporator, $135
2 belts, $34
hose fittings, $17
Ok, now what are you using as a box (blower/evaporator) assy and will the defroster still be run off the standard heater & ducting?

Tom, you should make a few of these a/c compressor mounting brackets....... 8)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, he has a fuel burning heater on the passenger side (below the dash), so there are some differences to the ducting already, I would think.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i have the template for the rear mount, the 2 others are just 1/4" by 1 1/4" cold rolled stock. the fan only clears the compresor shaft by 1/16"!! but anything is enough........

mikew

Where are you going to run the refrigerant lines with it mounted up high like that?

I intend to mount my compressor like yours but use an under-dash AC and Heat unit found here:

UD-105HC Under-Dash Heat and Air Evaporator Unit - Underdash Evaporator Units

It will require some modification to connect the defroster, but that shouldn't be too bad.

I'll run all the lines through the hole where the original heat duct ran.

Mike

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
well, i doubt we will get enough hot weather here this year for any more meaningful test results, but on a 80° day with full sun and the windows up it was nice. air from evap was 44°

tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks