• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce add ons

Recht71

Locking Front hubs
Boost & pyrometer
Hand Brake warnig buzzer
741 Spicer Aux gear box behind the HI/Lo trans
LDS 465 1 A
Spin on oil filters
modifided air cleaner for more cfm
Removeable hitch for a reciever

NEIOWA

RE: Jerry Cans:

Bought one on eBay for $20, and while it was in transit a friend got me another (better condition) for $3 in a local garage sale.

Then, this weekend, I used the Deuce to fetch some used bricks to make a walkway in the yard.... While we were loading the bricks the guy sent his kid into the garage to GIVE ME a pristine can with a good gasket/o-ring and spout FOR FREE . . . :beer:

Spout? What is this spout? An AF PC nickname for the Army standard Donkeydi____?

oddshot

Center mounted troop seats.
Aren't they those retractable planks that ran down the center of the bed of the truck? To sit on them ... you had to straddle them, then squat, pushing yourself into the guy in front of you, while some guy pushes himself against you from behind?

Wow ... does THAT bring back memories.

For Jackson ... 1970 ... the DI's start by screaming ... GET IN THE TRUCK ... GET IN THE TRUCK ...

Then they start screaming ... PACK IT ON IN THERE ... GET FRIENDLY WITH YER BUDDY ... PACK IT ON IN THERE ...

I was 19 years old.

I remember the goose flesh crawling up on my neck and thinking ... "Git FRIENDLY with my Buddy"????

EEEEeeeeewwwwwwwwww ....

I guess it IS a way to pack a truck with G.I.'s.

oddshot

Last edited:

treessw

OK so you say you may be looking for a jerry can as a add on, and in another thread other members said needed tool space to carry tools in a organized manor but wanted to keep it looking squared away and in style for a MV, so here is an idea but you would need to paint it to match but it is something I am getting ready to do. hopefully the pic loads up

Attachments

littlebob

you can only lock one though anyways..they lock from the inside .... unless there is a way of locking the drivers side one from the outside?? :?:
There is a way, its a keyed handle that you lock from the outside. I think it can be found once the old site is up. It was a garage door or old RV door handle that was used. The one I remember from the th original thread looked just like the original except for the keyed part.

bigugh20

has anyone mentioned the fording kit? Also saw for sale (can't verify authenticity) a riot shield kit for soft tops consisting of plexi or lexan top and something like expandable meta for the back.

Darwin T

I contacted Rampage the Trail Can Utility Tool Box Company and asked if they made a Military Version of this and was told that it had been talked about, but as of now there is not one. If they ever get on this site they might start making them in OD Green.

Pinkie

I really like the idea of the Jerry Can tool box, if they start making them, I will buy one. We just have to make sure they are water PROOF not water RESISTANT.

treessw

That would be great if they did come out with one that was OD. Until they do, I am just going to paint mine. I will say this and I do apologize for I can not remember who had the idea, but they had stated they were going to put some rhino lining or line-x around the bottom of their jerry can to help keep rust off while sitting in the bracket. I thought that was a great idea!!

treessw

I really like the idea of the Jerry Can tool box, if they start making them, I will buy one. We just have to make sure they are water PROOF not water RESISTANT.
I will let you know ASAP!! We are getting more than enough moisture down here. I figure a good week or two of testing in the field with me and my guys will tell us all we need to know. I will for sure keep you posted!!!!:beer:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I contacted Rampage the Trail Can Utility Tool Box Company and asked if they made a Military Version of this and was told that it had been talked about, but as of now there is not one. If they ever get on this site they might start making them in OD Green.
I'll be getting one. Nothing some TAN paint can't fix.

jamesfrom180

I think Willy-May will be sporting two Jerry can mounts in the back. That tool box is amazing. I have a 40 mm can and small metal box that fits inside right now. This set up holds my straps and recovery rigging gear and hand tools. You can never have enough room for tools especially if larger wrenches are needed like some of my larger brothers out there require.

Also like the grill, but where I come from Bar-Be-Ques have wheels and their own license plates.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks