• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Alignment Specs.

Coal Cracker

Ok, I've got an idea to experiment with my Wheel alignment machine , and the deuce.

I want to hang my aligner heads on the wheels, I've been searching for hours and I can't seem to find the right TM or thread to get some Toe/Camber specs, if there really are any.

Camber looks to be way positive on these, as all older nonpower steering trucks, to aid in ease of steering and wander, but I can look at the wheels and can see with my eye they are toe'd in, Also you can feel that the front tires are allways warmer that the rears, so i know they're scrubbing.

I'd appreciate the input, and will post what I find.

I had the same problem with mine when I got it.
First I jacked up each front tire and rotated them to see that the rims were not bent. No side to side wobble. Finding no problem there I used 2 pieces of straight pipe held to the side of the tire (avoid any raised type on the tire) just below the rim center. Then use a tape measure to measure the distance between the pipes juat ahead and just behind the tires. There should be about 1/8" to 1/4" tow in. It may not be perfect but it is most likely close enough.

I don't think the military cares about a minor thing like alignment. After all they can requisition as many tires as they like. They are paid for through the unlimited materials fund.

I am going to make an old style toe gauge to adjust mine. You just drive on and it shows you the toe angle. Very simple, very cool.
If you were nearby I could check your's too.

e

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks