• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Alignment Specs.

Coal Cracker

Ok, I've got an idea to experiment with my Wheel alignment machine , and the deuce.

I want to hang my aligner heads on the wheels, I've been searching for hours and I can't seem to find the right TM or thread to get some Toe/Camber specs, if there really are any.

Camber looks to be way positive on these, as all older nonpower steering trucks, to aid in ease of steering and wander, but I can look at the wheels and can see with my eye they are toe'd in, Also you can feel that the front tires are allways warmer that the rears, so i know they're scrubbing.

I'd appreciate the input, and will post what I find.

I had the same problem with mine when I got it.
First I jacked up each front tire and rotated them to see that the rims were not bent. No side to side wobble. Finding no problem there I used 2 pieces of straight pipe held to the side of the tire (avoid any raised type on the tire) just below the rim center. Then use a tape measure to measure the distance between the pipes juat ahead and just behind the tires. There should be about 1/8" to 1/4" tow in. It may not be perfect but it is most likely close enough.

I don't think the military cares about a minor thing like alignment. After all they can requisition as many tires as they like. They are paid for through the unlimited materials fund.

I am going to make an old style toe gauge to adjust mine. You just drive on and it shows you the toe angle. Very simple, very cool.
If you were nearby I could check your's too.

e