• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Blown Michelin Fun.

olewhiskey

Blew a tire about 48mph goin downhill over a concrete bridge. Clipped the abutment,fishtailed,clipped the guardrail and went back up a 30 degree embankment were the trailer did a slow rollover.

Rustygears

Wow!

Another rotten X on a steering axle. These tires are a pos and you can't find them anywhere. I have the same tire position with a shredded sidewall. Thank God I saw it and took the truck out of service before I too had the same brown seat event! What are the date codes on your tires? Mine are all 1995 - too old!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the future, please do not post multiple threads on the same subject or continuing discussions in other posts you made. We call this cross posting(against the rules, and hard to follow). Information needed to understand this thread is now spread around in the other threads you posted. Thank you

Heavysteven

:eek:It's totaled for sure, I'll take it off your hands for free...

Just joking but looks like its going to take some work to get it fixed. This has got to b the second thread i have read about an A3 blowing a tire.

shootiniron

I've got a left front that was near flat for who knows how long and had a visible crack on the inside sidewall,however cant see it now that its aired up.I guess I had better change it before I make the journey home.What a PITA!

treeguy

I've got the same Michilins and I think they are older that yours. They've got the side wall cracking and everything, I think I need to put a change of underwear in the glove box just in case. Sorry that had to happen, when I saw that I thought OH .... what happened?

olewhiskey

I have a nice pic somewhere of it parked up on the bank with the trailer flipped . My plan after repairing all the damage is to quickly dump the Michelin's, I will NEVER trust them over 5mph . I have rounded up all the parts I am aware of that are damaged. the only thing i don't have is the rear axles weepy seal and check the front passenger hub for wreck damage.

olewhiskey

In the future, please do not post multiple threads on the same subject or continuing discussions in other posts you made. We call this cross posting(against the rules, and hard to follow). Information needed to understand this thread is now spread around in the other threads you posted. Thank you
Copy that.

treeguy

What tire options do you see out there? I've tried to find similar aggresive tires in my 11/20 size and there isn't crap for choices. I noticed that yours look larger so you may have an easier search. Also the only available that aren't a million dollars are used tires, so now we're back to what type of life have they have. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks