• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce bobbed w/ rear axle ?

tamangel

Can any of you guys with 'photo shop' show me a bobbed deuce pic with the rear/rear axle left on instead of the front/rear axle that most folks have? Curious as to proportions with 12' bed..

Mike

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
do you mean the rear axle in the rear axle place only a long wheel base 4x4

tamangel

I think thats it.. looking at your wrecker avatar, remove middle axle, leaving only front axle and farthest rear axle...wanted to see what a 2 axle deuce looked like w/ stock 12' bed..

Mike

clear as mud I guess, sorry...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Err oopsie

looks like something that you would have seen out of the rusky lend-lease program

Jake0147

I don't think it'd drop the payload any more than flipping the hubs and using single rear wheels, which apparently had very little impact on the payload. If it had a freightliner cab that's how you'd expect to find the wheels for a truck in this weight class.
Now, if you get into moving the single axle fore or aft from the centerline of the two original axles, then you're going to find big effects on the payload, but it won't be tire related, it'll be structural.

Jake0147

I'll agree. I could see just as much practical reasoning for doing this as for doing the bobs (albeit a quite different use), but I don't think it's very likely to happen to mine.

Jake0147

Absolutely, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, but in this instance you're starting with a lot more in tires than you have in GVW. You'll loose a touch, but you're talking about perhaps ten or fifteen percent of the highway capacity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks