• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce dump M342A2

NEIOWA

For the Duece fans. See
https://www.drms.dla.mil/flis_plus/...ic=STWC&dtid=W23HYY61916009&ftype=GOV&dodaac=

Now in DRMS system for a couple more weeks located at Aberdeen DRMO. For the musuem type guys your state surplus property office could get for you.

Rare unit that looks pretty good. A little quick talking and perhaps you can visit while at Aberdeen.

Fair odds will make it to Govliquidation auction.

MAKE: KAISER JEEP CORP
MODEL: M342A2 W/WN
YEAR: 1968 CONTRACT
MILEAGE: 3858 HOURS 997

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Duece dump M342A2

Dang, now I need to get my kepboard repaired. Drool all over the keys. One day I'll get a serviceable M342A2. That thing is very nice considering its a dump and it's age. If it makes it to GL, it will be interesting to watch. I believe I'd trade the M275A2 and the M447C for a decent running M342A2. Changing body panels is no big deal.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Duece dump M342A2

I can almost guarantee that truck will go through the roof. There is no way it should bring more than $4000-5000, but it will. I say that because I know where there is a 1973 M342A2 w/w in fairly decent shape. The guy wants $7K for it...but you can go test drive it.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Duece dump M342A2

NEIOWA said:
Fair odds will make it to Govliquidation auction.
Not with all of the advertising... I doubt it would make it anyway, but we can always wish. Bruce is right, it'll go crazy if it gets there because everyone will put it on their watch list (rightfully so) and GL will see this popularity and move it up in the sale and make it a "hot lot" and advertise it in MV magazine and in the Truck Trader and... Boy, that really sounds kind of glass-half-empty... I need to get to Aberdeen and get some therapy!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As evidenced by all of the new guys on this list with M35s, I think GL is just doing their job and, unfortunately, they are very good at advertising (I say "unfortunately" because this has caused prices to increase exponentially). Their lot descriptions are starting to sound very similar to used car ads...RUNS WELL, CLEAN TRUCK...etc. :D I wonder how they know a particular truck runs well?!?! Do you think they test drove it for a hundred miles, or do you think they just fired it up (and probably raced the motor while it was cold)?

country

Supporting Vendor
The M342 is a great truck, not too big and not to small

We have one we use on our property http://www.easternsurplus.net/images/mytruck.JPG
http://www.easternsurplus.net/images/newmane.JPG

also have 1 for sale, in execellent shape with ALL the goodies Powersteering, winch, hard top, new tires, heat, painted, allnew fluids filters, etc, etc etc
http://www.easternsurplus.net/355.html

and another M342 dump body, moved over to a nice solid M35 shortened frame chassis, to be finished and cleaned and painted http://www.easternsurplus.net/361.html

come and test drive them if you like

Dave

M215

GL adds

Last year GL sold a M109 shop van located at Chambersburg Pa. add stated "vehicle runs", as usual the bidding went high. I can only imagine the winning bidders plans to drive his new prize home. This plan would have a changed when they arrived and discovered the very large 6-9" hole through the engine block. Technically I guess it did run.
Karl

John Winslow has a very nice M342 dump.

zak

New to site

I'm new here, I usually read/post on the other m37 forum. It may take me awhile to learn how to navigate here. I went to our county surplus auction yesterday and bought a m342a2 with a 105 trailer attached.I Paid $1100. It supposedly runs but its missing radiator,starter and exhaust. They took parts off for other trucks. Somebody has said these models are rare is this true? My m37 and m43 seem small now compared to this.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: New to site

Wow, you did GREAT.

The M342 is pretty rare and the parts yours is missing aren't all that hard to replace. Is it nice?

And, let me be the first to say that we want to see pictures of it.

:nopics:

zak

clinto said:
Wow, you did GREAT.

The M342 is pretty rare and the parts yours is missing arenThere is rust in the renders and a small amount on the door bottoms. The box is solid, rust and dent free. I need to figure out how to post pics. I tried with the last post and it didn't show.

poppop

Picture problem is usually the size of the picture. Make sure it is small enough. It tells how to do it in the tips section.

zak

pictures

pictures are in the 650 kb range. It seems to take them ok, i get no error messages. They just dont appear on the post. I'll try tommorrow at work

poppop

RE: pictures

Thats the way mine did. You won't get an error message, they just don't show up. Pictures have to be 480 by 640 pixels. On my old computer if I clicked 480 by640 it would make them 481 by 643 for some reason and they still would not show up. I had to choose the custom option and specify 475 by 635 and them they would load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks